IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You can laugh but people are literally in tucks daily reading your batshit mental Twitter feed if you want to start throwing rocks. 

My Twitter feed? 

Gosh, I’m flattered you’d follow me, but you’d struggle as I don’t have Twitter. 

Who are you alleging me to be exactly? 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

😂😂😇😇

Oh yes. You caught me. An incredulous rhetorical question is your gotcha moment. 

It’s about as clever as the anti-vaxxers thinking that moronic being an anagram of Omicron is some hidden clue left for them. Or that the greek alphabet is a roadmap for virus variants. 

Could you PM me a link to my alleged Twitter profile? I’m intrigued as to who I am. It’s clearly time for a Tuesday identity crisis. 

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's the panic-susceptible public who worry me more and the amount of shite they spout on social media.  You see it all the time with the dissection of every measure, every sentence and every daily statistic issued. 

They come up with more and more hypothetical scenarios to feed their panic and to highlight why they think the measures are not effective and that everyone is at risk and will die.  

Is it not time to turn off all the publicity and daily stats, when measures change announce them (obs), but leave the public briefings delivered with the gravitas of an announcement of war? Most people certainly do not seem capable of interpreting the information or the directions they are given, so keep it simple.

It is a vicious circle that really needs to be broken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Personally I'd like to see a blanket ban on media reporting of COVID stats.

If you really care, go look at the portal.

If there's news to announce like changes or variants of concern or whatever, have an article. But this media sensalitaiton on the Island we have 'major increase in new cases' as we go from 70 one day to 90 the next, is just ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You can laugh but people are literally in tucks daily reading your batshit mental Twitter feed if you want to start throwing rocks. 

In tucks, there's an expression I haven't heard in a while. Is it Manx dialect? I haven't heard it anywhere else, but then again I haven't heard it here in a good few years either.

• Like 1

School's out for some CRHS pupils due to 'significant' staff absence

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/schools-out-for-some-crhs-pupils-due-to-significant-staff-absence/

On 10/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, Barlow said:

Sorry about the flippancy, and indeed the repetition; I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I literally prayed for this sort of thing when I was at school.

Prayed I tell thee.

Dear God, you are half a century too late,

On 9/29/2021 at 1:53 AM, Barlow said:

Being sent home early from school for such an event I literally prayed for. Along with a pandemic of course, but that was real fantasy stuff.

In all those years the most I ever got was a bit of a snowy day and we got sent home lunch time. It was  ace though.

Covid. The gift that keeps on giving for some.

Aahh . . but not for me.

At times, I have to say, I fucking hated going to that school.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

I think you are living in cuckoo land cases are climbing again the advice to wear masks is just been ignored by most people, really you need to get a grip life is not actually back to normal and wont be for years

On my trips to Haldane Fisher, B&Q and Tesco today, I would say the majority were wearing masks.  I have no photographic evidence, however.