IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Castle rushen high school being sent home is nothing new balla had it in October peel at same time next in line will be Ramsey grammar just wait and see.

went to b and q and co op last night also sat on terrace chippy restaurant most people are wearing masks out of courtesy but as an observation I would say there is a “certain” kind of person refusing to wear masks seems to be the type who think they are better than everyone else.  You know the type kind that look down on people.  

anyway talking to my lad last night he said balla hadn’t enforced masks only time he was made to was when they got the bus to nsc for pe.  Poor kids had to put there masks down there football socks for the lesson getting all sweaty he said it smelt minting 

also my Xmas party is stilll going ahead on Friday 

13 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Castle rushen high school being sent home is nothing new balla had it in October peel at same time next in line will be Ramsey grammar just wait and see.

went to b and q and co op last night also sat on terrace chippy restaurant most people are wearing masks out of courtesy but as an observation I would say there is a “certain” kind of person refusing to wear masks seems to be the type who think they are better than everyone else.  You know the type kind that look down on people.  

anyway talking to my lad last night he said balla hadn’t enforced masks only time he was made to was when they got the bus to nsc for pe.  Poor kids had to put there masks down there football socks for the lesson getting all sweaty he said it smelt minting 

also my Xmas party is stilll going ahead on Friday 

Currently going through Ramsey, 16 off from my kids class all at once last month. Luckily the teachers seem to be avoiding it mostly which seems to have been the problem at Castle Rushen.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Radio new this morning

UK health minister states vaccine is effective against new variant and Christmas should be as normal.

Followed by - IOM hospitality business meeting today to discuss impact of number of Christmas cancellations following the last briefing.

It's shameful. Cannan and his mandarins need to get themselves back on with a briefing updating people that the vaccine is effective against it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I seriously heard someone in the CS yesterday say it’s time to let some of these businesses go to the wall as we’ve thrown enough cash at them (like it’s even their cash, it’s taxpayers money) and if they still aren’t viable they need to shut up shop and adapt. A complete misunderstanding of what it’s like to be a business owner in the most challenging period in the last 100 years from someone who has gone through 3 lockdowns 100% paid even when ‘working from home’ for months on end. You really do despair sometimes. It’s time to roll this back before it’s too late.

The usual lack of understanding by the CS about who actually pays their salary! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Radio new this morning

UK health minister states vaccine is effective against new variant and Christmas should be as normal.

Followed by - IOM hospitality business meeting today to discuss impact of number of Christmas cancellations following the last briefing.

Can you point us in the direction of where we can find the health minister saying "vaccine is effective against new variant"? II listened to Radio 4 this morning from about 06:30 onwards and may have missed it.

Edited by Andy Onchan

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

CAn you point us in the direction of where we can find the health minister saying "vaccine is effective against new variant"? II listened to Radio 4 this morning from about 06:30 onwards and may have missed it.

You won’t find any link because he never said that, he said it will be 2 weeks before they know results of testing on new variant.,but carry on with parties 

Fake news from Ramsey again!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Can you point us in the direction of where we can find the health minister saying "vaccine is effective against new variant"? II listened to Radio 4 this morning from about 06:30 onwards and may have missed it.

I didn’t hear it either, unless it was broadcast whilst I was dropping a rather agreeable log, earlier.

Let’s hope the Israeli science proves correct...

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/covid-1st-data-about-vaccine-efficacy-against-omicron-expected-tuesday-687392

Maybe Omicron will out-spike itself. 

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I seriously heard someone in the CS yesterday say it’s time to let some of these businesses go to the wall as we’ve thrown enough cash at them (like it’s even their cash, it’s taxpayers money) and if they still aren’t viable they need to shut up shop and adapt...

Really?

Harder to swallow than a lit ciggie. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It was on the news this morning, I heard it on 3fm when I was driving in at 7.30

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

You won’t find any link because he never said that, he said it will be 2 weeks before they know results of testing on new variant.,but carry on with parties 

Fake news from Ramsey again!

Look at my earlier link to what Israel have said.