IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

47 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

An honest and interesting assessment. Not being funny as I’ve already said I’m aware of how bad the service is here having seen a family recently trying to get help for his kid - but can I ask why on earth you we’re meeting with a mental health professional in Costa? 

Sure , no problem . It was there policy to do that as apparently it was a more informal place to meet. Personally they got travel expenses and that to me was the real reason. Was never happy with it especially when they had plenty of rooms at the old Jane Crookall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

Has anyone seen Juans post on Facebook . It’s like the blind leading the blind, 

Covid has once again come into full focus as daily cases have hit 145 - highest level since the summer.  This is particularly troubling since Government announced stronger guidance last Sunday, so if people were following it we'd expect to see fewer new cases coming through. 

He’s an attention seeking git isn’t he! Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that cases have ‘increased’ due to more testing, they wound the testing down many months ago with lots of folk trusting LFDs, to the best of my knowledge the list of symptoms were never updated to reflect those from any of the new variants either.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

On a separate note I went for my third primary jab. Had to get form changed from booster to third. Then after my vax the nurse handed me a card with booster stamped on and I had to get him to change the card for one stamped third.

Who knows what will show on my NHS App!

You’ve most likely covered this previously and I’ve missed it but what difference would having booster or third make please? Don’t they mean exactly the same thing?

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

Has anyone seen Juans post on Facebook . It’s like the blind leading the blind, 

Covid has once again come into full focus as daily cases have hit 145 - highest level since the summer.  This is particularly troubling since Government announced stronger guidance last Sunday, so if people were following it we'd expect to see fewer new cases coming through. 

What uniform was he wearing from his dressing up box when he made the comments?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I can’t imagine anyone wanting to give full disclosure on their issues in the middle of Costa. Just sounds bizarre. 

Sounds bizarre but its probably best, meeting room walls are paper thin and it all feels rather clinical. A coffee in Costa is a normal everyday environment and with the noise of the coffee machines it would be difficult for anyone to make out your conversation anyway.

35 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You’ve most likely covered this previously and I’ve missed it but what difference would having booster or third make please? Don’t they mean exactly the same thing?

Yes, and no. 

My first two doses were AZ.

I had pfizer as my third dose. The pfizer third dose and booster are the same. But if it’s wrongly recorded as booster today, rather than third primary, I won’t get my booster in 3-6 months, without struggling to get the record changed.

Moderna give a half dose as a booster, but a full dose as a third primary.

So, there are differences and they are significant.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I can’t imagine anyone wanting to give full disclosure on their issues in the middle of Costa. Just sounds bizarre. 

It wasnt expected in any shape or form. Usually just a informal catch up etc . I could go on but no point. Wasnt a pleasant experience and I ended the CMHS involvment with me after it in that form. I agree with you !!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well I didn’t realise that! so is the IOM giving the option of either a full (third) or booster (half)? If the original immunity from 2 vaccines is thought to be 6-8 months, what is half dose good for? 3 months?!

It doesn’t work like that in terms of effectiveness, either level of antibodies, or time it’s good for.

IoM is giving those who are immunocompromised a third primary, full, dose; either pfizer or moderna. That will be followed by a booster in 3-6 months.

Everyone else gets a booster. There’s no literature, unsurprisingly, about whether further boosters will be required.

Pfizer booster and third primary dose are identical.

Moderna booster is half a primary dose.

That post by Watterson is down right dangerous and stokes the fires of panic and fear of all the Doom Coven. Cannan needs to pull him up on it and correct him. 

The measures announced on Sunday aren't even designed to reduce the case numbers - they're in response to the supposed threat presented to the island by the omicron/moronic variant. 

Why is he and other Doomers acting like there should be a reflection in the case numbers?

• Like 1