IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Mandatory. They already have the info, they're basically just telling you that they're releasing it.

Unless it's an April Fool posting, this would be breaching data protection surely. Secondly, what a can of worms they'd be opening. Hospitality would love to see what hotel/holiday accommodation have been picking up during the pandemic

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Unless it's an April Fool posting, this would be breaching data protection surely. Secondly, what a can of worms they'd be opening. Hospitality would love to see what hotel/holiday accommodation have been picking up during the pandemic

It's not an April fools.

DFE publishes an annual report of how much certain companies received under particular schemes for business development. But this is different. This information should be economically protected.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

And the farmers subsidies... are Treasury going to release information on which farms/owners received tax payers dosh??

of course not, 400 farmers was far too complicated to sort the numbers out for the public,  there will have been more than 400 claim covid monies from the government but they can manage to tell the world about that.  we'll call it howards spite.  don't forget though the money is classed as income and is then taxed and NI'd accordingly on your tax return so a third will go back to government coffers for some people.

Edited by WTF

7 hours ago, WTF said:

another plague rat  ........  thankyou Tolstoi

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Never has so much bollocks been posted on this forum.

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

And there's some pretty steep competition. 

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I mean the guy is pretty much admitting he is a liar and a fraud don't you think?

5 hours ago, manxman34 said:

Undeniably a bore

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

@FilippoI skim-read some of that drivel. One question - wouldn’t it have been easier just to get your jabs rather than do all that dark-web/fake ID/crypto stuff you were waffling about?

You did check the date, didn’t you?

• Haha 1

It's probably pretty unwise to release that stuff.

But...

I'm genuinely interested. Obviously the ones that took the piss the most will be the ones most able to object and get pulled from the list, when it's those ones I'd like to hear about. They made it illegal for me to go to work and offered me £200 a week. They did this to loads of people, and attempted pretty hard not to pay that (or any of the schemes for individuals like the 3k self employed grant) yet many businesses did very well.

Regular readers of private eye will be aware of the staggering abuse of the system in the UK by now, it will have happened here too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

I think it was in the terms of the scheme.  They are trying to stem the flow of fois relating to mhk owned businesses.  

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's probably pretty unwise to release that stuff.

But...

I'm genuinely interested. Obviously the ones that took the piss the most will be the ones most able to object and get pulled from the list, when it's those ones I'd like to hear about. They made it illegal for me to go to work and offered me £200 a week. They did this to loads of people, and attempted pretty hard not to pay that (or any of the schemes for individuals like the 3k self employed grant) yet many businesses did very well.

Regular readers of private eye will be aware of the staggering abuse of the system in the UK by now, it will have happened here too. 

I read in to the DFE one that the £3k claimants will be published too as it falls under COVID support schemes?

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I read in to the DFE one that the £3k claimants will be published too as it falls under COVID support schemes?

They weasled out of that for quite a few people by saying things such as "oh you're self employed and have been for ages, so that's great and all. we can see that, but because you had a job for a few months a year and a half ago you don't qualify" or similar completely ridiculous things.

12 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s public money that was paid out, it should all be published in terms of who got what. 

A mate of mine has a plumbing firm that told me about the emails he got. He had no choice but to use them or his business would fail. He seems it as shameful and never wishes he had to do it, but he did. He doesn't want other plumbers firms seeing what he got.

I kinda get that. A friend of mine a self-employed taxi driver got several of the lump grants from DFE and has had an email saying his name and payment amounts are also due to be published. It's a bit excessive. But I kinda get we'd all love to know how much the big players got or someone like Knox got.

Edited by NoTailT

Just seen on twitter this whole debacle came about because of a Josem / MTPA FOI. 🤦‍♂️ see there's people on twitter disagreeing with it too, also saw business owners disgruntled about it on face ache.

Edited by NoTailT