IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

But what was said is that if you wear an FP2 mask you can’t possibly get get covid which is literally absolute bullshit. 

Is it bullshit, covid is airborne wear  a proper mask not a surgical mask and you won't get or at least very, very little chance of getting it and if you avoid crowded indoor areas you almost certainly will not get it

28 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Is it bullshit, covid is airborne wear  a proper mask not a surgical mask and you won't get or at least very, very little chance of getting it and if you avoid crowded indoor areas you almost certainly will not get it

1.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

Well I’ve not caught it as far as I know & not worn a mask or avoided crowded areas for some time but no others who have been very careful & still got it so I think it’s just luck at times 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Well I’ve not caught it as far as I know & not worn a mask or avoided crowded areas for some time but no others who have been very careful & still got it so I think it’s just luck at times 

Always thought you were traa dy liooar! 

I think it's funny when I see people wearing masks. They will wear one for hours. Then take it off, thus spreading whatever is on there all over their hands then rubbing their face with there hands. Then reusing the mask. 

Masks can be effective, but in most cases they are not.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:23 AM, Jarndyce said:

Aye, you need to be hardy to live in Montrose, with the wind howling off the North Sea all year round…

Ok, I’ll nae bither wi the reed lichties then ma quine / wifie (or loon / manie ).  But there’s aye the Broch for a cauld ground. Although the Caledonian Stadium  taks the biscuit. And to really know it’s to me a chipper.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, Happier diner said:

I think it's funny when I see people wearing masks. They will wear one for hours. Then take it off, thus spreading whatever is on there all over their hands then rubbing their face with there hands. Then reusing the mask. 

Masks can be effective, but in most cases they are not.

If the point is to protect others from your germs, then what you're describing doesn't lessen the effectiveness much. Most people with covid will now wear a mask when out for that reason (anecdotally).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anyone said:

Ok, I’ll nae bither wi the reed lichties then ma quine / wifie (or loon / manie ).  But there’s aye the Broch for a cauld ground. Although the Caledonian Stadium  taks the biscuit. And to really know it’s to me a chipper.

Well, you win the white carnation…

I’m a Weegie, all the east coast vernacular is a pure mystery to me!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raffles said:

If the point is to protect others from your germs, then what you're describing doesn't lessen the effectiveness much. Most people with covid will now wear a mask when out for that reason (anecdotally).

So do you think the little old ladies with the chin slings are wearing them to protect me from them?

I agree that was the idea when they were mandated for everyone. 

The whole mask/don't mask debate will just carry on and on. 

What would make a real difference is people having some good basic hygiene. Wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough. 

Walking along Strand Street on Saturday, there were so many scruffy cunts just hacking their guts up without covering their mouth.

Basic hygiene. It's not much to ask. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Basic hygiene is "life threatening advice" say our local nutters. 

I wonder what these zealots think of someone who sold supplements to 'cure' autism? Normally you'd expect them to be dismissed as a crank wouldn't you?

I've seen some of the cranks saying that about masks. 

I'm just talking about the basic stuff that people have always done when they've had a cough/cold/sneeze. 

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I wonder what these zealots think of someone who sold supplements to 'cure' autism? Normally you'd expect them to be dismissed as a crank wouldn't you?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about 'Dr Dan Goyal' here, so if you see someone sharing his stuff you can dismiss them as a fucking idiot incapable of applying common sense. 

Man was a supporter of Andrew Fucking Wakefield for crying out loud.