IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

As the great George Dubya so perfectly put it

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Old Joe's doing a swell job at 'mis-speak' some worrying gaffes...

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

The headline seems to be a bit of mischaracterisation, seems the bus driver is as much concerned about physical safety when dealing with disruptive/drunk passengers than anything to do with catching an illness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

I'm glad you mentioned this.  I met a lady on the beach yesterday who said she was booking her next COVID booster; she's only 50 and not vulnerable either.  l asked her if she had an invitation for the booster; no, she replied You can,  just book it online, apparently.  So does anyone know if this possible? I'm just over 60 but would like a booster before the winter. 

I would say she’s telling lies unless she’s immunosuppressive as won’t be available to under 65 otherwise, same as UK. My mother is late 80s & hasn’t heard anything, asked district nurse who would administer & she doesn’t know when she’ll get it but will be one of first lot

• Thanks 1

I guess we can p0ut perspex in landfill if it has such a short life!!!

I've noticed some screens coming down...... but there is the new variant?

Do we know its characteristics yet? It wont matter to most of us but if you're a little bit neurotic?

Live and let etc........

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I guess we can p0ut perspex in landfill if it has such a short life!!!

I've noticed some screens coming down...... but there is the new variant?

Do we know its characteristics yet? It wont matter to most of us but if you're a little bit neurotic?

Live and let etc........

Screens still in place at the Castletown Co-op. 

I am concerned that the decision to restrict the top-up vaccine programme to the over-65s and the immunocompromised could end very badly for the UK, and even worse here. The demographic of the Island is such that an outbreak of any serious illness could tip Nobles into crisis – we know that they are already struggling and we are not even in winter yet, just imagine what could happen at Nobels if the Island is hit by a new wave of Covid.

IMHO, the booster should be offered to all residents who want it. There are international precedents for this - in those American states where the balance of power is controlled by Democrats it appears that "everyone" will be able to get 1 "updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to be up to date”. In California, for example, as at 23 August this year “Any Californian aged 6 months and older can get vaccinated for free”. 

I hope I am wrong but I suspect that the Island’s booster roll-out will (once again) slavishly follow what Public Health England does… why do we need the IOM Director of Public Health whose job is to copy and paste the English rules? Abolishing that role will save taxpayers money that could be used to recruit some frontline medical staff who deserve decent salaries not disingenuous clapping by politicians.  

• Like 1