IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, code99 said:

The All Party Parliamentary Group on Coronavirus might also watch for what President Biden, Anthony Albanese Prime  Minister of Australia and Chris Hipkins Prime Minister of New Zealand are doing.

Why would that be a good thing? The US has been consistently awful over covid and is utterly commercially compromised, the Aussies lost their collective minds and have yet to recover and New Zealand is New Zealand. 

Any group of people taking their advice from isage, which the appg is, should be ignored and shunned. Isage are a disinformation unit on a par with Childrens Health Defence.

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I think you made some valid and interesting points.   I think, rather than just means-testing,  maybe an upper upper income bracket of  £25,000 per person if either of those conditions has not been met,  you should pay. Of course, some people just won't pay! That may then cause serious problems for our NHS.  Finally, how this will this be implemented?  That will have a cost, too.

I agree with you. The most cost-effective method of delivery to protect society is free of charge (Australia, New Zealand, etc) e.g. breast screening programme, etc, etc.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Mandatory face coverings are back for patient-facing employees, and those visiting people in hospital in the Isle of Man.

It comes after a rise in hospital admissions for Covid-19.

Those visiting care homes will also be asked to wear a face covering.

News report for details 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mask-wearing-re-introduced-at-hospitals-due-to-covid-spike/

Heading & anti Vaxxer brigade won’t be happy!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

I really don't effing believe it!  Have they learnt nothing?  The hysteria merchants are ramping it based on the same myths and legends as the great COVID catastrophe we've just endured.

You’re quite correct. The hysteria from covid deniers, anti vaxxers and mask sceptics is really ramped up, based on the myths and legends that are misinformation and conspiracy theories..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Having lost a business which was just getting started at the end of 2019 and a significant chunk of life savings when told we couldn’t trade but still had to pay rent etc with NO financial support either personally or for the business I actually wouldn’t mind a few months off on full pay like so many enjoyed now I am employed.

It was an absolute disgrace the way different people were treated, with many paid to do nothing and others left (by goverment, and society in general) to lose everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Having lost a business which was just getting started at the end of 2019 and a significant chunk of life savings when told we couldn’t trade but still had to pay rent etc with NO financial support either personally or for the business I actually wouldn’t mind a few months off on full pay like so many enjoyed now I am employed.

It was an absolute disgrace the way different people were treated, with many paid to do nothing and others left (by goverment, and society in general) to lose everything.

So anything which combats spread, by however little, so that we never have another lockdown, is a plus.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So anything which combats spread, by however little, so that we never have another lockdown, is a plus.

Only if I can be one of the fortunate ones who don’t suffer financial hardship this time, rather than one of the ones who’s life is devastated leading to some serious mental health problems and a loss of a home and business.

Lets be clear, if the same ever happens again I will fight tooth and nail to make sure everyone is supported and will do all I can personally to help any who aren’t.

The number of “vulnerable” people who happily watched healthy people who were at very very low risk see their businesses fold or have to survive for months with NO income was sickening.

I would bet there are several on here who watched us all make sacrifices to protect them who were completely shielded from the reality for many of us while sitting on their retirement pots in their big posh and paid for houses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Only if I can be one of the fortunate ones who don’t suffer financial hardship this time, rather than one of the ones who’s life is devastated leading to some serious mental health problems and a loss of a home and business.

Lets be clear, if the same ever happens again I will fight tooth and nail to make sure everyone is supported and will do all I can personally to help any who aren’t.

The number of “vulnerable” people who happily watched healthy people who were at very very low risk see their businesses fold or have to survive for months with NO income was sickening.

I would bet there are several on here who watched us all make sacrifices to protect them who were completely shielded from the reality for many of us while sitting on their retirement pots in their big posh and paid for houses.

Sorry to hear your story.  Whilst your feelings are completely understandable, I don't think many 'happily' watched other people losing their livelihoods.  It was a very strange time, some people were scared for their very lives, reason and proportionality went out of the window. 

The impact on the economy, society and mental health, will continue for a very long time.  To a degree, we should not object to minor measures to prevent spread, but I do wonder if the imposition of even small measures such as requiring masks at the hospital is going to trigger those who were scared first time round into another cycle of fear and dread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't think many 'happily' watched other people losing their livelihoods

You might be right, but not many stepped forward and tried to help those who lost everything.  The vast majority were happy to just sit at home watching their money come in with not a thought for those who still had bills to pay and ZERO money coming in.

Most just closed their eyes and  ears and refused to accept that it was happening.  I got serious abuse on social media for trying to explain to people that we and lots of others were in dire straights.  Most refused to even believe me and just said we must have been behind on NI contributions to be being left out to dry.  We weren’t.

It was shameful and I know plenty of people who are still repaying debts they built up while most office workers, goverment staff etc had a free holiday.

• Like 1

It is debatable, we will never know what the consequences would have been if we hadn’t had lockdown.   It was an unknown quantity and I think everyone in power did their best to face the situation they had thrust upon them.    I lost three friends to Covid, yes they were old but relatively fit for their age when they contacted it  perhaps if they had contacted influenza and it had turned to pneumonia the result may have been the same, who knows ?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 5