IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

45 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Yes, I heard that too during the briefing. I was talking specifically about the 1886 venue that they (the dubious duo) don't seem to talk about anymore. Or did I miss a mention?

To the best of my knowledge this still hasn’t been raised, 111 advice was inconsistent at the time, but I believe people who wanted a test were given one (all staff had one) but there has been absolutely no mention of second tests and they could have quite easily gone on to be Asymptomatic now, we unfortunately won’t find out until symptomatic cases come forward now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

It is possible that they were in day 1,7 or 13 tests  - if three people tested positive on day one fourteen days ago, they will have dropped off the active cases list today to be replaced by the three new positives - in effect cancelling each other out.

The government figures issued (on Twitter) fourteen days ago did show three new cases -  I don't know if they were day one isolation or not.

Totally agree that we should be told exactly what type of new case we have to save all this detective work! 

04B9E346-3DB3-4E5A-AC43-6D0588D41ACE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It is possible that they were in day 1,7 or 13 tests  - if three people tested positive on day one fourteen days ago, they will have dropped off the active cases list today to be replaced by the three new positives - in effect cancelling each other out.

The government figures issued (on Twitter) fourteen days ago did show three new cases -  I don't know if they were day one isolation or not.

Totally agree that we should be told exactly what type of new case we have to save all this detective work! 

They should just delete last years figures and start afresh, it’s absolutely no use having historic data alongside recent stuff, when the same processes aren’t even being followed. I do understand perhaps keeping the total deaths out of respect for those we’ve lost.

• Like 2

Just now, Annoymouse said:

They should just delete last years figures and start afresh, it’s absolutely no use having historic data alongside recent stuff, when the same processes aren’t even being followed. I do understand perhaps keeping the total deaths out of respect for those we’ve lost.

Just seen this...

8F849202-748E-4E4A-93E2-A604D60C4DDD.jpeg

3 hours ago, rachomics said:

After I resigned from the DHSC I was approached by Amazon to set up a high-throughput COVID19 PCR lab in Manchester to test their UK employees. Didn't particularly want to get stuck in the UK or end up trying to travel back and forth (and then isolate) so I politely turned them down.

So, our lot know better than Jeff Besos?  You just could not make this up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Jesus - the land of milk and honey is closing its boarders:D

Well they’re certainly Doing better than us at controlling COVID, rolling out vaccinations & communication but we know you love Howie so keep on with the apologist comments 😂

Well Banker, give Howard the sage his erm, due, he has been saying such as "make no mistake, the virus will come back".

With an attitude like that I am not surprised the "virus is back".

IoMGov should have had the game sewn up tight. Yes it costs, obviously, but nothing like the cost of lockdown.

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Expect us to follow suit since all we seem to do is copy them. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

Thanks,  do you think they do it just to make it look better  - a way of crow baring in how many tests they've done etc. to make themselves look better while delivering bad news?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, our lot know better than Jeff Besos?  You just could not make this up. 

When I read the first line I was expecting Dr Glover to say Amazon were about to sell test kits and offering to do rapid testing for everyone (not just for staff), that really would be quite something. 

Not to discredit Dr Glover in anyway but I can’t imagine working for one of the worlds ruthless businessmen would have been straightforward, It would be like signing your soul over to the devil but the fact her business was even on his radar is quite something in itself.