IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually in November (Wed 18th).  Which of course makes it worse.

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

How can they do that? I don't understand voting if it can just be over ruled even when not in favour.

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

How can they do that? I don't understand voting if it can just be over ruled even when not in favour.

1. We don't have a functioning democracy

2. They can just act incredibly slowly when they have to do something they don't want to

3 They're twats

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

When I read the first line I was expecting Dr Glover to say Amazon were about to sell test kits and offering to do rapid testing for everyone (not just for staff), that really would be quite something. 

Not to discredit Dr Glover in anyway but I can’t imagine working for one of the worlds ruthless businessmen would have been straightforward, It would be like signing your soul over to the devil but the fact her business was even on his radar is quite something in itself.

No, I am sure it would have been very much on their terms, but imagine the kudos for Dr Glover and the IOM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

And how accurate is the PCR test, do you know? What is the current turnaround time to get a result? 

And as Dr Glover has said publicly a number of times, why are they having to work 'through the night' to only do 2-300 tests when the lab was set up to process over 1000 per day?

15 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Ah! but it was OUR Govt over ruling it, not jonny foreigners in the EU.

Not just Sovereignty but our Sovereignty.

I wonder how Wooley is doing?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

And how accurate is the PCR test, do you know? What is the current turnaround time to get a result? 

The PCR test is almost 100% accurate at detecting viral RNA if it is present in the swab. Don't know for sure about the turnaround time but on the island it typically seems to be less than 24hrs

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

And as Dr Glover has said publicly a number of times, why are they having to work 'through the night' to only do 2-300 tests when the lab was set up to process over 1000 per day?

Is this rhetorical?

If not, I think I know the answer.

4 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Just a query about key workers and their accommodation while over here. Are they only accommodated in the hotels in Douglas, or also in other types of accommodation eg holiday cottages etc?

They can use any accommodation, anywhere on the island, so long as it meets the criteria. 

6 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Just a query about key workers and their accommodation while over here. Are they only accommodated in the hotels in Douglas, or also in other types of accommodation eg holiday cottages etc?

There’s several at groudle cottages I understand