IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 hours ago, quilp said:

Not really people in Jersey generally don’t like the people in Guernsey and visa versa. It goes back to the English Civil War when Guernsey was Parliamentarian, and Jersey Royalist. So that isn’t a surprising result. Plus Jersey still has Covid so why would you risk it if your island is Covid free?

Edited by Mr Newbie

19 minutes ago, asitis said:

I read the R rate in the UK is rising and the floodgates to pubs etc are about to open. We should observe from a distance for a while !!!

Lots of stupids down here in Cornwall, I recommend keeping the border firmly closed. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Not really people in Jersey generally don’t like the people in Guernsey and visa versa. It goes back to the English Civil War when Guernsey was Parliamentarian, and Jersey Royalist. So that isn’t a surprising result. Plus Jersey still has Covid so why would you risk it if your island is Covid free?

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/07/03/hundreds-of-passengers-arrive-in-jersey-on-first-commercial-flights-since-lockdown/

Maybe this is more accurate as to why? 

14 hours ago, asitis said:

I read the R rate in the UK is rising and the floodgates to pubs etc are about to open. We should observe from a distance for a while !!!

I fear the social relaxation in England has a very high chance of turning to shit. I sincerely hope it doesn’t,  but I’m not optimistic.

• Like 4

There's no doubt that we are going to be living with this for some time. The only hope of getting back to normal is an effective vaccine and we don't really know when that will appear. The loss of many businesses in some sectors will begin to have a severe effect on those which would otherwise be ok as their customers dry up. 

I hate conspiracy theories but there's something about this whole pandemic which seems very fishy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I fear the social relaxation in England has a very high chance of turning to shit. I sincerely hope it doesn’t,  but I’m not optimistic.

As long as it can be blamed on something other than the mass social gatherings of the Black Lives Matter marches everywhere.

• Like 2