IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually in November (Wed 18th).  Which of course makes it worse.

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

A few extra bags of sand and  a couple more buckets are on the way to Tynwald as I write, just in case they run out of places to bury their heads at the next sitting.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, they are allowed to open. Dropping off pooch must be seen as essential travel.

It IS essential, I wish the owner of this one would bloody use them. They've obviously had to make some change to their life due to the lockdown that's resulted in them leaving the dog at home cos this is a new thing and the dog shuts up around tea time. Its one of those high pitched yappy ones.  Grr.

5 hours ago, asitis said:

Are all the key workers isolating for 14days or do they just go to work ? and keep away from people here ?

Perhaps, in the case of holiday cottages being used for accommodation, the owners should be made responsible for ensuring that key workers accommodated in their cottages actually adhere to the applicable covid restrictions - given that it is these same owners who receive payment from the IOM Gov for this accommodation?

Edited by dreamon

/Off topic

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Are doggy daycare places shut? The last few days theres been a dog near me that's obviously locked in a flat on its own that hasn't shut up. Its doing my head in.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It IS essential, I wish the owner of this one would bloody use them. They've obviously had to make some change to their life due to the lockdown that's resulted in them leaving the dog at home cos this is a new thing and the dog shuts up around tea time. Its one of those high pitched yappy ones.  Grr.

There's a dog down our road been barking for over 10 years. There was a law introduced for this specific situation but it has been poorly thought out and is effectively useless (as has been found by neighbours).

It's easier to wait for the dog to die,  if me and the neighbours don't die first.

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

A few extra bags of sand and  a couple more buckets are on the way to Tynwald as I write, just in case they run out of places to bury their heads at the next sitting.

They can't on this, it's here and now and very public, with 100% of that public affected in one way or another and very concerned. It's time to be accountable. Very probably the entire population are scrutinising their every move because it may be life or death for some.

It's not another MEA or PS Pensions issue, for instance, where they can repackage it to be dumped on the taxpayer and/or kick it down the road for the next administration to deal with. Not another report that they can shelve out of embarrassment or "commercial confidentiality".

It's here and now and it's big. And I hope those who voted against testing have got some answers.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They can't on this, it's here and now and very public, with 100% of that public affected in one way or another and very concerned. It's time to be accountable. Very probably the entire population are scrutinising their every move because it may be life or death for some.

It's not another MEA or PS Pensions issue, for instance, where they can repackage it to be dumped on the taxpayer and/or kick it down the road for the next administration to deal with. Not another report that they can shelve out of embarrassment or "commercial confidentiality".

It's here and now and it's big. And I hope those who voted against testing have got some answers.

Perhaps we should ask Rob Callister to cover in his weekly blog? Hope Onchan and Garff members remember come election time

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Perhaps we should ask Rob Callister to cover in his weekly blog? Hope Onchan and Garff members remember come election time

Rob Callister will lie low for sure , always does. Cant understand why anyone voted against it tbh . Playing politics when peoples lives are at stake is wrong. What price the injections against the cost of lock down. ? No brainer really  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's time to be accountable. Very probably the entire population are scrutinising their every move because it may be life or death for some.

I doubt there's 100% scutiny given that fb poll recently. More than half of the respondent's were happy with the way the crisis was being dealt with and signalled their approval. They're likely to just hang on every word and action thinking that government knows what's best and content that they carry on doing it thus making them unlikely to complain when/if the whole thing goes tits-up. Apathy rules over here when it comes down to it, hence the historical lack of accountability.

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hope Onchan and Garff members remember come election time

If you believe that come election time anything will be different you're deluded. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

This is exactly why we pay these people a very competitive salary and a gold plated pension. Not just for arranging to fix the pavement outside Mrs Clegg's house down the road or helping to award a contract to their old mate from school. 

Time to attempt to eke out as much as they can from the grey matter they have and take the bullets if they get their decisions wrong. None of them thought they were going into politics to deal with a situation as serious as this, so it's sink or swim time otherwise they will be back doing the day job this time next year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

I doubt there's 100% scutiny given that fb poll recently. More than half of the respondent's were happy with the way the crisis was being dealt with and signalled their approval. They're likely to just hang on every word and action thinking that government knows what's best and content that they carry on doing it thus making them unlikely to complain when/if the whole thing goes tits-up. Apathy rules over here when it comes down to it, hence the historical lack of accountability.

If you believe that come election time anything will be different you're deluded. 

Well I’m in middle and if Howie is standing he isn’t getting my vote , but then he didn’t last time! I think people will remember 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Not before time, I suppose...

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/police-launch-covid-response-unit/

Had to come but I'm all for it. 

Just wondering how they will get the names of people - will it be shared from the DHSC d'ya think or a separate database.