IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

They can't on this, it's here and now and very public, with 100% of that public affected in one way or another and very concerned. It's time to be accountable. Very probably the entire population are scrutinising their every move because it may be life or death for some.

It's not another MEA or PS Pensions issue, for instance, where they can repackage it to be dumped on the taxpayer and/or kick it down the road for the next administration to deal with. Not another report that they can shelve out of embarrassment or "commercial confidentiality".

It's here and now and it's big. And I hope those who voted against testing have got some answers.

They've been basking in riding the crest of a wave, unfortunately the wave has hit the rocks !!

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Just wondering how they will get the names of people - will it be shared from the DHSC d'ya think or a separate database. 

From the DHSC I would've thought. How else? Any action taken against rule-breakers would be registered on the criminal database. There are plenty of stories from people who were never contacted or checked up on whilst they were isolated. Probably down to under-staffing or some other convenient excuse. A dedicated team for this has been a requirement since the off, here we have another example of shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Essential workers too, their movements need to be monitored also given that we've had contraventions within that group. 

1 minute ago, quilp said:

From the DHSC I would've thought. How else? Any action taken against rule-breakers would be registered on the criminal database. There are plenty of stories from people who were never contacted or checked up on whilst they were isolated. Probably down to under-staffing or some other convenient excuse. A dedicated team for this has been a requirement since the off, here we have another example of shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Essential workers too, their movements need to be monitored also given that we've had contraventions within that group. 

I'm not saying there hasn't been a problem but asking whether this is the answer.

The hotel isolation thing was a right, but just very poorly executed. Much easier to manage if all the eggs are in the same basket. Maybe now it is time to do it properly?.

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Not before time, I suppose...

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/police-launch-covid-response-unit/

Had to come but I'm all for it. 

We're getting more and more like the UK every day, sadly. Looks like something some jumped up police force across would come up with.

This minute biological entity is spawning all kinds of spin offs, there will no end to dipping in the taxpayer funded trough . No idea why a police unit has to be labelled a 'Covid Response Unit'. How about just a response unit that deals with people who break conditions/laws or do we not already have one of those?

Edited by Lxxx
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

I'm not saying there hasn't been a problem but asking whether this is the answer.

The hotel isolation thing was a right, but just very poorly executed. Much easier to manage if all the eggs are in the same basket. Maybe now it is time to do it properly?.

It's mainly patient transfers & key workers Coming in so don't think it's suitable to quarantine them in a hotel!

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

It's mainly patient transfers & key workers Coming in so don't think it's suitable to quarantine them in a hotel!

We don't yet know what type they are completely. Still, it would be a start.

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, and once you put the mask on leave it be until you get back home.  Don't adjust it, slide it under your chin or put it in your pocket to whip out when next in close contact. 

And Howard shoves it in his pocket like an aul hankie. 

• Haha 6