IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's no doubt that we are going to be living with this for some time. The only hope of getting back to normal is an effective vaccine and we don't really know when that will appear. The loss of many businesses in some sectors will begin to have a severe effect on those which would otherwise be ok as their customers dry up. 

I hate conspiracy theories but there's something about this whole pandemic which seems very fishy.

course there is.  China's answer to the fact the world has cottoned on to their mass produced shite and brought in trade tariffs that is hurting them badly.

I have to say I’ve just laughed out loud listening to Howard Quayle on the radio. How right he was. All these people now kicking off that Guernsey is piloting some scheme with the UK and those going to Guernsey might now be at risk. You know what? If you’re worried about the risks don’t go on bloody holiday! Getting sick and tired of all these end of the world moaners bitching like frightened children. Don’t book a holiday, don’t go anywhere, don’t do anything at all if you’re expecting governments to give you the assurance that you will be 100% ok as that won’t be happening. You don’t have to go to Guernsey so if you’re not happy don’t bloody well go. As the Chief Minister said we have to open up sometime as we can’t be like Brigadoon forever (classic!).

We seem to have reached the very pinnacle of insularity. Welcome to Brigadoon! It’s time government started ignoring all this crap and told a whole pile of them to STFU. 

Edited by Mr Newbie

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There will be an epic meltdown when we inevitably get a case here again.

There will. But this is what’s holding us back. I don’t blame the CM and CoMin for their caution as they’re going to get it in the next from every loony under the sun the minute an inevitable new case happens here. But it’s going to happen as we can’t isolate forever which is why I thought the Brigadoon analogy was so good as most Facebook idiots won’t get it. The Guernsey air bubble was a great idea but even that is being slated by the lockdown brigade now. I really worry that many aren’t going to get out of this psychological prison they’ve created for themselves and were going to have to learn to live in it too. 

Edited by Mr Newbie

2 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

I have to say I’ve just laughed out loud listening to Howard Quayle on the radio. How right he was. All these people now kicking off that Guernsey is piloting some scheme with the UK and those going to Guernsey might now be at risk. You know what? If you’re worried about the risks don’t go on bloody holiday! Getting sick and tired of all these end of the world moaners bitching like frightened children. Don’t book a holiday, don’t go anywhere, don’t do anything at all if you’re expecting governments to give you the assurance that you will be 100% ok as that won’t be happening. You don’t have to go to Guernsey so if you’re not happy don’t bloody well go. As the Chief Minister said we have to open up sometime as we can’t be like Brigadoon forever (classic!).

We seem to have reached the very pinnacle of insularity. Welcome to Brigadoon! It’s time government started ignoring all this crap and told a whole pile of them to STFU. 

I think you have missed the whole point of an Air Corridor.

Would people from Guernsey be happy coming here  if we we trialing flights to the good old US of A. No , didn’t think so.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Would people from Guernsey be happy coming here  if we we trialing flights to the good old US of A. No , didn’t think so.

But we’re not flying to the USA and neither are they. They are flying to the UK with 7 day quarantine and testing. Why did you bother to introduce such a ridiculous example which is not in anyway representative of the actual situation being discussed? 

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

But we’re not flying to the USA and neither are they. They are flying to the UK with 7 day quarantine and testing. Why did you bother to introduce such a ridiculous example which is not in anyway representative of the actual situation being discussed? 

Two countries with loads of cases. You don’t get it do you.

• Thanks 1

Maybe more people need to watch a video of a Covid-19 infected patient on a ventilator. Lying on their stomach in an induced coma with bags attached and pipes for oxygen , wires for monitoring heart etc. etc. for months. You may not be so fucking flippant with your clever posts.

Edited by Scotty
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe more people need to watch a video of a Covid-19 infected patient on a ventilator. 

Maybe people should read what they are trialing? That is people coming from the UK, taking a Covid test, isolating for 7 days, then being allowed to stop isolating if the test is negative. How is watching a YouTube clip of someone on a ventilator in any way relevant to that situation at all? 

Edited by Mr Newbie