IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

On Manx Radio just now. If you were in M&S at such a time, risk is low, but if you develop symptoms, self isolate and contact 111. Surely this is the same advice for everyone,  no matter what?  

Putting out this message just confuses things.

And if they didn't put the message out you'd get everyone mouthing off about how they're hiding important information from the public. Can't bloody win sometimes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

After criticism they’ve suddenly started another scheme up again, not sure how much use £1500 is to a business with rent/rates etc to pay but better than nothing 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/1500-fixed-covid-payment-for-self-employed-and-businesses/?fbclid=IwAR1iaUJL8vc6-GyRFhVI5rUzkHxoZ27kKR8KPOWWJY2bk8-9xeY-njlXC54

Still don't qualify. Shite.

• Sad 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

38 active cases.

at 4pm on 14 January 2021, in the Isle of Man there have been:

Confirmed cases

Total active cases

of which 12 were detected during day 1, 7 or 13 of self-isolation

Total tests

Concluded tests

Awaiting results

Awaiting tests

Number of deaths

Hospital admissions

Number of deaths in hospital

Number of deaths in the community

3 new cases I think so one recovered 

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

After criticism they’ve suddenly started another scheme up again, not sure how much use £1500 is to a business with rent/rates etc to pay but better than nothing 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/1500-fixed-covid-payment-for-self-employed-and-businesses/?fbclid=IwAR1iaUJL8vc6-GyRFhVI5rUzkHxoZ27kKR8KPOWWJY2bk8-9xeY-njlXC54

A nice kick in the teeth for those who have low running costs.

Should have got a new van on finance, then I would get a bail out.

Ad it stands I get nothing, like lots of others.  Nothing.  Not a single penny through any of the schemes despite not being able to earn.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

All 3 new cases in isolation so no new community spread 😀

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/three-new-cases-of-covid-191/

That's great news. TBH I'm optimistic that the overall compliance by the IOM residents with lockdown is such that this should be sorted in 3-4 weeks (famous last words)

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Topsy turvy MF. Our traditional stance has been that the CS are running the politicians, now it's the other way around! To suit the argument???

There's certainly a lot of anti-govt feeling on here and in the wider community, although I don't think that we are yet ready for Anarchy !

One only has to look at the mention of an MHK and the flood of MHK bashing that will follow. Mention of R ***, certain MHKs and vitriol spews forth faster than from that  Man on the Bus!!!

While there may be many expressing anti govt views, probably it is just 'habit' or copy catting others views which they could not analise their viewpoint of the person that led to their castigation?

I would prefer not to analise anything, thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

A nice kick in the teeth for those who have low running costs.

Should have got a new van on finance, then I would get a bail out.

Ad it stands I get nothing, like lots of others.  Nothing.  Not a single penny through any of the schemes despite not being able to earn.

There’s a lot of anger on Facebook, Manx radio, Iom news & politics & others saying similar to you

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

All 3 new cases in isolation so no new community spread 😀

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/three-new-cases-of-covid-191/

I think you will find the three new cases were in isolation due to contact tracing.

Therefore, they were in the community when they caught it and therefore could have spread it further before isolation?

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

I think you will find the three new cases were in isolation due to contact tracing.

Therefore, they were in the community when they caught it and therefore could have spread it further before isolation?

Agrred, they are community cases, however my understanding is that not all community cases are considered equal. If the infected person is in isolation and the case has come from an identified source that does not count against the 14 day lockdown removal. They are concerned about the cases that pop up without an identifiable chain/source. If today's three infected people have spread it to another person and that link is identified, again that would not count. If it is however a random person that they have given it to e.g. whilst in the street, who isn't able to be linked back, well that is another story. Happy to be corrected, but that is my understanding of the current state of play.

• Like 1