IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

If there was no immediate prospect of vaccine, I would not agree with the current lockdown/eradication policy. Apart from the xmas testing screw up that has given us the gift of lockdown mk2, I have been reasonable content with the near normality we have enjoyed since June. From the politicians point of view it has also been very popular with the voting public. The problem comes in a few months when vaccine has been given, the sun comes out and covid case rates are low in the UK. The people in power I have spoken to know they will have to navigate how to go from having zero cases with closed borders, to then convince the public that Covid will have to be lived with, and how they subsequently manage its reintroduction into a vaccinated but scared and closed community. They currently do not know how to do it, and personally I think there are several of them are not motivated to do so as they are more concerned with losing the votes of a sizeable number of scared people.

You may have found the reason why they are not too bothered about getting everyone vaccinated quickly.

If they drag it out past the election they wont lose the voters that will be pissed off when we have to open the borders and just get on with living with Covid.

Some reasons to drag it out a bit more:

• Dont we need to check the paperwork again?
  • Only vaccinate on the 29th Feb
  • The dog ate the latest batch
  • The moon has to be in its 3rd quarter
  • Its a Bank Holiday, a new one we made up like last year to dig us out of a hole

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Number of questions next week in Tynwald 

Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Minister for Health and Social Care –
How the COVID-19 vaccine will be allocated; how many inoculations have been ordered; and how many of the Island’s population will be vaccinated (a) by February and (b) by Easter?

Member for Middle (Mr Shimmins) to ask the Minister for Health and Social Care –
What opportunities there are to speed up the vaccination programme?

e Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
How many people over the age of 80 received vaccines from the first tray; and how many other vulnerable or high risk individuals in other age groups have received the vaccine?
20. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will publish the Vaccine Board’s recommendation to the Council of Ministers?
21. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
When the positive COVID-19 test identified with the new strain B.1.1.7. was sent to the UK lab for testing?
22. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Minister for Health and Social Care –
By when he plans to have vaccinated a) all UK Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) priority groups and b) the rest of the population?
23. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Minister for Health and Social Care –
How many exemption certificates have been passed to the Chief Secretary for his authorisation since 1st December 2020?

Probably more to come as it heats up on Comin 

Edited by Banker

19 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Turns out we have a "head of esports" 

Yes, appointed quite recently(?) or certainly being quoted in the news lately I seem to recall. Another of the DfE's clan of indispensables.

• Like 1

Can we talk about this?

His partner had a heart attack and sent to Liverpool. Is now of ill health and DHSC refused to let her travel back to IOM until he moved out.

Was categorically refused permission to isolate together, by CEO of DHSC. Poor guy is having to sleep in his car until he can find a sensible outcome.

Dr Allinson and Ashford both responded to him saying they can't help.

Edited by jaymann
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

Was categorically refused permission to isolate together, by CEO of DHSC. Poor guy is having to sleep in his car until he can find a sensible outcome.

Seems odd, if they isolate for 21 days together then what is the difference? Computer says no? Where is the compassion? Surely a major part of someone’s recovery is receiving support?

So I suppose everyone is going to be ‘anti gov’ about this now? 

Just now, Annoymouse said:

Seems odd, if they isolate for 21 days together then what is the difference? Computer says no? Where is the compassion? Surely a major part of someone’s recovery is receiving support?

So I suppose everyone is going to be ‘anti gov’ about this now? 

It does seem odd.

Having watched the interview, Magson (DHSC CEO) categorically said no even if they did 21 days. Ashford and Allinson both said they couldn't alter the decision.

I don't get it. Gov should be looking for 'easy wins' for public favour and this is a very easy one.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

3 hours ago, pongo said:

The comments are a good read and intelligently address many of the points made.

What's the motivation for a 'content strategist' to write this article? I mean his other articles look 'paid to write' (usually are for a content creator) so why all of a sudden decide to write this? I wonder who paid him.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Can we talk about this?

His partner had a heart attack and sent to Liverpool. Is now of ill health and DHSC refused to let her travel back to IOM until he moved out.

Dr Allinson and Ashford both responded to him saying they can't help.

A relative of mine was in exactly the same position as this mans partner and chose to self isolate completely on their own, its no big deal. Theres more, or less, to this blokes story than meets the eye IMO.

• Like 2