IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well, it's a bit sooner than I thought would happen but......... the construction industry are back at work, in Onchan at least.  Brickies up two levels of scaffolding wielding angle grinders (even without safety glasses or a helmet).

They never stopped work.

• Like 1

The problem with Moulton as a journo is that he’s a bit like Beckham, in reality rather than a fun poking way. 

He has to count between breaths, 12345, in, 678910, out, 12345, etc. He has to be taught how to tie his laces afresh every day, and walking and chewing gum simultaneously would be beyond him.

1 minute ago, Kipper99 said:

The problem with Moulton as a journo is that he’s a bit like Beckham, in reality rather than a fun poking way. 

He has to count between breaths, 12345, in, 678910, out, 12345, etc. He has to be taught how to tie his laces afresh every day, and walking and chewing gum simultaneously would be beyond him.

Doesn't say much for his public school education. 

9 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ll place a bet for :

‘We can’t discuss individual cases’ 

PM asks the exactly the same question worded slightly differently

“As I’ve already said Paul, we can’t discuss individual cases, it’s between the patient and the DHSC”

This patient’s medical condition and her treatment are  being freely and very widely discussed on the basis of it being in her best interests.

This absolutely fine if she consents to this.

If she does not, for whatever reason, then  the DHSC would not be able to comment specifically. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

He just reminds me of the kid that always got bullied at a school, I would feel sorry for them, but then they would say or do something entirely stupid and it all felt completely justified.

I particularly liked the comment on Facebook from our Co-op area manager after a press conference, I’m unable to find to find the exact comment but it went along the lines of :

Please make sure Paul Moulton never gets his hands on the magic lamp, it would be 3 wishes utterly wasted.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

This patient’s medical condition and her treatment are  being freely and very widely discussed on the basis of it being in her best interests.

This absolutely fine if she consents to this.

If she does not, for whatever reason, then  the DHSC would not be able to comment specifically. 

We haven’t heard from the patient, which in itself is surprising. I would have expected PM to try and do some sort of telephone interview if nothing else.

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

He just reminds me of the kid that always got bullied at a school, I would feel sorry for them, but then they would say or do something entirely stupid and it all felt completely justified.

I particularly liked the comment on Facebook from our Co-op area manager after a press conference, I’m unable to find to find the exact comment but it went along the lines of :

To be fair, if the Co-Op guy had the magic lamp it'd be 'I want everyone to look at me' 'I want everyone to see me' 'I want everyone to think Im amazing'.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

To be fair, if the Co-Op guy had the magic lamp it'd be 'I want everyone to look at me' 'I want everyone to see me' 'I want everyone to think Im amazing'.

Isn't he the Chamber of Commerce Retail Lead (or some other title)? He's certainly more vocal than any of the other CoC dodos.

Paul's questions are generally in line with the thoughts of a certain segment of the population, and therefore they are relevant whether the ministers like them or not.  Overall I'm happy with the presentations and the questions and answer sessions.

Edited by Bellefield

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

That is what I was expecting, but I’ve met him personally and he isn’t like that at all. He’s genuinely passionate about what he does, forever trying to raise a smile/laugh with his staff and customers alike, he’s down to earth and a proper family man.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I think Andy Corrie has done a good job. The convenience stores are small and cramped, but that is what he inherited. They’re well stocked. When Covid came along he recruited staff to keep shelves stocked and to keep customers distanced and moving.

Ramsey is good, lots of stock, full shelves and lots of Manx produce. And he introduced home delivery from Ramsey at the start of lockdown 1.

I don’t often drive to Ramsey. I wouldn’t go to just shop at the Co-op.

But he’s done more than Shoprite or M&S. I’m sure if they did on line shopping, either with delivery, or click & collect, I’d not rely on Tesco as much.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Bellefield said:

Paul's questions are generally in line with the thoughts of a certain segment of the population, and therefore they are relevant whether the ministers like them or not.  Overall I'm happy with the presentations and the questions and answer sessions.

Be honest. You mean the mentally challenged? Yes inclusivity is good.

Edited by Kipper99
  • Haha 1

Re: the heart attack lady
Firstly hope she recovers after her ordeal, with or without support.

Secondly and none of us aware of the actual ins-and-outs of her condition so this is kind off the cuff, has Nobles now shut down all emergency services as well as elective surgery? 

For someone to be parcelled up and sent to the UK following a heart attack means her condition must have been quite serious and beyond anything Nobles could do to assist her (but clearly not serious enough to warrant looking after once she gets home).

Something doesn't add up. Unless things have changed very dramatically I was always told and have experienced myself that Nobles Stroke and Cardiology units and the surgeons are probably about the best you can get.

And by the way since when has Magson had coronary training... she's banker by profession.

As I say, we really don't know the ins-and-outs but I thought I'd chuck in my two pennyworth!