IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Not even that really - she has a degree in music.

The main consultant that designed and installed the multi-multi-£million IRIS project everyone thouight was an engineer but only had a degree in psychology or some such thing. And that turned out well.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I think "fully capable of self care" is missing the point somewhat.

This is awful, and could do the island some more harm if it hits UK press.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heart-attack-patient-fully-capable-of-self-care-says-govt/

If there is scope for an exemption, what does it matter?

If the guy is prepared to pay for a tonne of tests (which he is) or self isolate for 21 days (which he is) what does it matter?

It's a ridiculous rule. They'd do better insisting on 21 days and 4 testing points at X price for these instances.

Edited by jaymann

More confusion about taxi-drivers, contact-tracing and delays in getting the message across. Taxi driver takes passenger for testing, asks the passenger to contact him about the result. Passenger tests positive, tells 111 about the driver's request to be advised, 111 says no, they'll contact him. Over 72 hours later the driver still hasn't heard from contact-tracing!

Mad...

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/heart-attack-patient-fully-capable-of-self-care-says-govt/

They got that out pretty damn quick after it was discussed on the Moanin Line.

Obviously didn't want the question from PM.

If only they moved that quickly on, oh I don't know, bringing in 13 day testing before moving out of self-isolation?

Edited by Zarley
Because
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

That's just heartless. This is being driven from the top - the CM is devoid of a moral compass so the entire government is directionless when compassion or empathy is needed so it just follows the bureaucracy.

Fuck what the rules say - you only wrote them last week. If you lacked the imagination to envisage this then, rewrite them now. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Declan said:

That's just heartless. This is being driven from the top - the CM is devoid of a moral compass so the entire government is directionless when compassion or empathy is needed so it just follows the bureaucracy.

Fuck what the rules say - you only wrote them last week. If you lacked the imagination to envisage this then, rewrite them now. 

I’m sure that very point will be raised this afternoon along with where’s the vaccine!