IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh he's got a moral compass all right.  It points to (a) whatever benefits himself and then (b) whatever is easiest for him.  In this he resembles an awful lot of people who work in the upper reaches of government.  Indeed that's basically why he's Chief Minister - he was the 'continuity' candidate.

But everyone is missing the point of the way these rules are being applied.  It's not that they are being applied heartlessly (though they are) it's that they shouldn't be applying these rules at all.  They make no sense.

What is important is that co-isolation is strictly maintained and that all those involved are tested and negative before isolation ends.  Who is isolating with the patient is pretty much irrelevant, though you prefer it to be only one person who is not themselves vulnerable. 

I was under the impression that they brought in the "only isolate with people you travelled with" to discourage travel. Surely someone travelling solely for medical reasons would not be included in this. How are people supposed to afford renting somewhere to isolate when they had to travel through no fault of their own? 

Edited by Zarley
Lack of proof-reading 🤦‍♀️
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lewis said:

So Ashford thanks the DoI for a great job in preparing the airport and the old supermarket as vaccination centres which need partitions to create three separate socially distanced areas. Except the airport wont be ready until the end of the month and the supermarket "some time in February". So the DoI, on essential work only, are going to take 2 to 6 weeks to prepare these areas and put up a few partitions. Not exactly "Nightingale" time frames. Still with the vaccination rate on a three day week why should they break sweat, its not as if we are facing a serious situation demanding urgency, determination and effort! Pathetic.

With regard to the snail pace of vaccinations do they realise at this rate if an annual booster is due they won't have even finished this round?

These clowns need to pay for this at the ballot box. 

I would love to know why the partitions need to be built with 4" x 2" timber framework and plasterboard?

The nightingale wards have curtains and mobile partitions.

Are we expecting earthquakes?

In any case why are they not yet finished. They new about the need for them from Sept last year.

eta I forgot, they want the vaccine to be ongoing during the elections to save any difficult decisions re the borders...........................or boarders for Karen

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Comin considering Monday in light of weekend statistics, talking phased easing 

It's already happened..... construction sector have never really stopped. The builders in Onchan were still busy at 14:30 wielding their angle grinders on two story scaffolding (minus hard hat and goggles/glasses).

Edited by Andy Onchan

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

I would love to know why the partitions need to be built with 4" x 2" timber framework and plasterboard?

In any case why are they not yet finished. They new about the need for them from Sept last year.

Coz DOI.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I said the same about the airport...... it's typical DOI speccing.... ovber engineered and will be over-budget.

Money's no object except for those who fall outside the grant or loan handouts when making sure folk have got food to eat and heat to keep warm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

eta I forgot, they want the vaccine to be ongoing during the elections to save any difficult decisions re the borders...........................or boarders for Karen

Very busy down there with contractor vans. 

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

1 hour ago, finlo said:

If you pay us any outstanding Ni contributions we'll consider throwing you some crumbs.

@ the self employed.

Some use if you're skint!

After the last lockdown I was quite annoyed with the gov 'support' so used my tax exempt card a lot to improve my cash flow. Then I thought about it a bit, and in the autumn subbied for a 11 week stint for someone at the full 20% just in case we had another one and they were going to be twats about it.

I have yet to hear whether they are going to be twats about it.

Edited by TheTeapot