IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, jaymann said:

I have to agree with this.

Send them an email and a letter to DAs home address and then it can really be complained about when they do nothing. Easier to ignore a tweet.

Or pick up the phone to Henrietta quickly followed by an open email to DA and her, cc the CM?

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Or pick up the phone to Henrietta quickly followed by an open email to DA and her, cc the CM?

I recently emailed the same people offering to fully fund a contact tracing app (aware they'd refused a similar offer for a tracing app last year), they didn't reply.

• Sad 1

Just now, jaymann said:

I recently emailed the same people offering to fully fund a contact tracing app (aware they'd refused a similar offer for a tracing app last year), they didn't reply.

They will if it is copied to the press.  But, a conversation with Dr Ewart may facilitate. 

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This thread is just one big government hate fest!

Like we’ve had it so bad compared with other jurisdictions over the last COVID-19 year. ( Nothing to do with the way the Government has acted and handled the situation of course. Just luck I guess)

What have they done that was good?

They closed the borders, sent people to prison and made no attempt to actually look at risks and come up with positive ways of allowing some normality whilst taking relevant precautions.

They dodged criticism (burnt letters), they ignored the very obvious requirement to introduce testing, they sacked off an antibody testing program half way through.  They failed to adequately support businesses and failed to take advantage of many opportunities to become world leaders and boost our international profile.

They kept people from their families and are about the only place in the world where in lockdown an elderly person who lives on their own can't form a support bubble and must live in total isolation.

They failed to implement track and trace.

They accepted MBE's and enjoyed the limelight and mini celebrity status.

They led us back into a totally avoidable lockdown, screwed up the vaccination rollout, and have made a woman who has just come back from a hospital in Liverpool having had a heart attack isolate on her own for no good reason.

Remind me of what they did well?  Yes we were "covod free" for a while but only by taking very draconian and obvious steps. No clever thinking at all.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Comin considering Monday in light of weekend statistics, talking phased easing 

I didn't listen to the briefing, are they considering lifting the restrictions in a phased way before the three weeks is up, or are we going to have a phased reopening at the end of the three weeks? - obviously assuming the cases go the right way.

3 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I didn't listen to the briefing, are they considering lifting the restrictions in a phased way before the three weeks is up, or are we going to have a phased reopening at the end of the three weeks? - obviously assuming the cases go the right way.

You may find more of the same. Not lifted.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

No decision yet, It hinges on whether we have any cases crop up over the weekend, hopefully by Monday’s press conference we should know either way.

• Like 2