IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Lost Login has been attempting to debate around the issue of how would her involvement assist ending lockdown earlier. It appears that nobody has been able to answer that 

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Bollocks.

Numerous posters have provided evidence. 

Surely it's marginal though at best given that you can only test known cases. So wouldn't they still have to wait until X days after the last known case emerges. Or, perhaps, twice that period.

I can see how this kind of testing would be interesting. But I don't really see how it helps if the goal is no Covid here.

• Like 1

Just now, manxst said:

No. It’s been pointed out by me, several other posters, as well as written articles. You just don’t want to examine the evidence or have to alter your opinion.

I won't alter my opinion unless we start getting lots of cases from lots of different sources....which is unlikely but possible

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Surely it's marginal though at best given that you can only test known cases. So wouldn't they still have to wait until X days after the last known case emerges. Or, perhaps, twice that period.

I can see how this kind of testing would be interesting. But I don't really see how it helps if the goal is no Covid here.

It has already been pointed out both here on the Island and across that it will be impossible to eradicate the virus completely for any length of time. 
https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/obliterating-the-virus-is-unrealistic/

Just now, Happier diner said:

I won't alter my opinion unless we start getting lots of cases from lots of different sources....which is unlikely but possible

You won't alter your opinion until it is too late? I know of a government position you'd be suitable for...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's what forums are for. To debate. Challenge. Not just to agree. That would be boring. 

To debate and challenge, yes, but also to learn and be educated from other opinions, especially when they provide you with evidential proof.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

You won't alter your opinion until it is too late? I know of a government position you'd be suitable for...

Ha Ha. No I would alter my opinion if we got complex and multiple infection routes. The way we are at the moment is some way from that. I don't often stick up for government, but Dr Henrietta has probably forgotten more than we have ever known about public health and the spread of infections. Happy to put my faith in her judgement.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

How valuable a thing is depends what the goal / policy is. Here the goal is zero Covid.

In other places there are different goals. Perhaps that's a factor.

Yes that's what I am saying. But others can't see that. 

Edited by Happier diner
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Ha Ha. No I would alter my opinion if we got complex and multiple infection routes. The way we are at the moment is some way from that. I don't often stick up for government, but Dr Henrietta has probably forgotten more than we have ever known about public health and the spread of infections. Happy to put my faith in her judgement.

We are in a lockdown for fucks sake. One which was sadly predictable and entirely avoidable, and not supported by the governments own emergency plan.

There is nothing, nothing at all, to stick up for the government for.

• Like 6

Just now, Happier diner said:

Where, in you articles does it mention small islands in the middle of the sea that can shutdown infections in days?

Yawn. Going in circles. Wrighty, a doctor on this small island in the middle of the sea has already stated in this thread why it would be a good idea to have the genome testing. Yet again, you are refusing to see and believe evidence from the very horses mouth (apologies Wrighty). I give up. There is debate, and there is banging your head against a brick wall...