IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Yes, very easily and with the right laws (we already lock people up) the track and trace team could easily know who was pinged.

No. Only with consent or else you won't get it on the iOS store as it would breach the T&C.

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Don't think so mate. Have I expressed any view on testing? Quote me. All I have said if that I do not see a benefit in genomic testing.

Test and trace yes 

Test before release from isolation yes 

21 days yes 

Don't allow selfish so and so that's choose to leave the island back in.

New Zealand style quarantine yes 

Genomic testing facility on island no 

Just my views.

But just explain why not, seeing as it’s free, on Island, quick turnaround, would be a source of assisting tracking and tracing as per Wrightys post....what’s the downside?! 

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

No. Only with consent or else you won't get it on the iOS store as it would breach the T&C.

That's why I said with the right law.

We are a quick and nimble jurisdiction who can pass laws rapidly so just do it with consent

Also, the majority of the functionality is already build into iOS and Android.  Its really not hard to put the app on top

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Government can easily change the laws to mandatory, but probably won’t 

The IOM govt isn't going to get Apple to change the rules around what is and is not allowed on the app store. App based contact tracing is anonymous. The authorities here will have no idea who has been pinged.

Also - imagine trying to explain to thousands of older people that they've got to say yes to a whole bunch of security warnings about what privileges to accept. Given that normally the advice is to say no.

It's a non starter.

34 minutes ago, pongo said:

And ignored the emerging view that 14 days was potentially not long enough.

At the briefing 11 Dec, I think, returning residents rules were changed. Residents could isolate for 14 days at home provided the entire household isolated. That was the mistake. 

1 minute ago, pongo said:

The IOM govt isn't going to get Apple to change the rules around what is and is not allowed on the app store. App based contact tracing is anonymous. The authorities here will have no idea who has been pinged.

Also - imagine trying to explain to thousands of older people that they've got to say yes to a whole bunch of security warnings about what privileges to accept. Given that normally the advice is to say no.

It's a non starter.

I, lots of other people over here (plan.com offered to do it for free apparently) and pretty much every other country in the world disagree.

9 minutes ago, manxst said:

But just explain why not, seeing as it’s free, on Island, quick turnaround, would be a source of assisting tracking and tracing as per Wrightys post....what’s the downside?! 

I kind of think nothing is really free is it. Free to try maybe. I may be completely wrong but how could it be free? Genuine question. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Sorry. Well if it was genuinely free with no commitment what so ever then I guess you would use it rather than sending samples to Liverpool.

Even beside the cost benefit. What’s the downside? There is none. 
it might well be free now and we have to purchase it at full cost later, but if it’s not worth it, then let’s not pay. Why are you all fighting against something which could help in fighting this virus? Just bizarre.