IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Manx Yeller said:

Hmm, so I guess the question would be, can you be tested on day 4 and test negative as you are in the incubation period, then between days 4 and 13, pass it on to someone in your household before beating it and so testing negative on day 13. I'm no expert but this seems similar to the key workers in 1886 and if it is possible, then we are back to relying on sheer luck.

Same question if you been vaccinated.....

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60017

Here is another one that seems completely over the top (especially since the article implies its only just been introduced)

The risk at the moment is minute.

As an island we are seriously lacking compassion (I am aware other places have similar restrictions, but they also have COVID very prevalent in their populations and hospitals)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Interesting question that was swerved, what is the age range of the people moving over from the UK? We don’t want a load of pensioners moving over and delaying our vaccine roll out.

Aye, but they got loads of money. And chucking it by the bucketload at houses which weren't selling.

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, Manx Yeller said:

Hmm, so I guess the question would be, can you be tested on day 4 and test negative as you are in the incubation period, then between days 4 and 13, pass it on to someone in your household before beating it and so testing negative on day 13. I'm no expert but this seems similar to the key workers in 1886 and if it is possible, then we are back to relying on sheer luck.

Doubtful. I think pcr would still be positive at day 13 in that scenario, even if you’ve beaten the infection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Only people who work for dhss

Yes Ashie has already admitted that it’s only frontline health workers vaccinated of which we apparently have 2200! But it includes private sector health as well like office staff in charities 

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I didn't get on.

I think for two reasons.  One is that I was about forty years too young and the other was when I told the producer what my question was there was a long silence...

ah well,  you have 2 questions,  the one you say you will ask at the vetting process and then the real one to ambush them with once you're on air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The answer to yesterday's cases:

King William’s College can confirm that the cluster of positive Covid cases found on the island yesterday (Sunday) involves some of its international boarding students.

A total of 26 students returned to the island on January 4th and have been quarantining in a bubble on the College site ever since. Seven of them tested positive following their test on day 13.
The children are 16 and 17-year-olds who attend the College in order to study the International Baccalaureate in the Sixth Form and many of them have been at the school for many years.

None of the students have shown any symptoms and they remain in good spirits. They continue to join their classmates in ‘virtual’ lessons using Microsoft Teams and, like the rest of the school, are busy following the normal timetable.

The College is working closely with Public Health to manage the situation and to continue to ensure that there is no risk to the wider community.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

All those parents and the school should be heavily fined.

Why?  They did the right thing and had bubbled all the returning students.  However, a bit of genomics on those kids would be interesting on the assumption they have come from different countries. 

• Like 3