IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The question I keep asking, and no one answers is

If we had done genomic testing on the KWC kids. What would we have done differently as a result of the results and what would the different outcome have been

To date no one has answered this question

It would show that the kid who came here positive picked it up where they had been for Christmas.  It would then show that the rest picked it up in isolation at KWC.

Benefits to that? Zero that I can see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The question I keep asking, and no one answers is

If we had done genomic testing on the KWC kids. What would we have done differently as a result of the results and what would the different outcome have been

To date no one has answered this question

Has anyone said that'd be an appropriate use of it?

The whole community outbreak and transmission bits are where it's most valuable. Funnily enough, those are why we're in lockdown, not some kids in isolation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, manxst said:

There’s a few people here who happily argue with the scientists, and medical professionals over this very matter. They’ll be along soon to say we’re just a small island and it’s unnecessary....

14 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

Dr Ewart says it's not important to know the genome. I hope she gets onto the WHO and puts them right !!!  Shes effing useless. 

If the IOM successfully eliminates, and has either 21 day quarantine, or testing on days 1, 6/7 and 13 and catches all imported cases whilst they’re in isolation it really makes no difference. It’s interesting academically, but not epidemiologically, for the IOM.

WHO advice is one size fits all, and aimed at normal sized countries, most with land borders, not micro states with tightly controlled entry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Have to wonder if any of them had been tested prior to day 13?

If they had been tested prior, and tested negative, doesn't this situation lend credence to the theory regarding the new, more infectious variant taking longer to incubate and produce a positive result?

If only we had the means on-island to quickly check for variants. 🤔

@madmanxpilotdo you have a link to your source? Thanks in advance. 😘

The reports say they arrived back on 4/01 , hence day 13 testing on 17/01 . Assume they all had day1/2 testing when one, none or more may have tested positive 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

The reports say they arrived back on 4/01 , hence day 13 testing on 17/01 . Assume they all had day1/2 testing when one, none or more may have tested positive 

It’s interesting that they tested negative on Day 1, day 6/7 yet tested positive on day 13, I wonder if they’ll accept the new strain obviously incubates for longer?

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, manxst said:

And Ministers? Although I guess we’d never have heard the end of it if that was the case. 

DA said No to this question on the radio.

Anyway, as someone pointed out before, it's going into peoples arms, not their ar*es.

Edited by Apple
typo

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If the IOM successfully eliminates, and has either 21 day quarantine, or testing on days 1, 6/7 and 13 and catches all imported cases whilst they’re in isolation it really makes no difference. It’s interesting academically, but not epidemiologically, for the IOM.

WHO advice is one size fits all, and aimed at normal sized countries, most with land borders, not micro states with tightly controlled entry.

Equally, there aren't many micro states with the capability we have to understand what is happening within it to such a fine degree.

Especially when it has been offered for free.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s interesting that they tested negative on Day 1, day 6/7 yet tested positive on day 13, I wonder if they’ll accept the new strain obviously incubates for longer?

They may not have tested negative on day1 as I already said, also there was no day 6/7 test as that hadn’t started on 4/01

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

not micro states with tightly controlled entry.

I agree entirely John with your post, but not with this bit, we controlled entry for the plebs, the HNWI kept coming and going, people they deemed as Key kept coming and going, even where Key meant Key to someone the government likes, and the latest KWC , well money wouldn't be involved at all in decision making there would it !

To state we have controlled entry is stretching a point !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1