IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They're flirting with the 28 day figure now. Pre-warning that we won't be back to normal until then?

Making changes to allow more outdoors too when 'the time is right'.

Deck chairs meeting in garden plus outside trades back Thursday if no new community cases

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They're flirting with the 28 day figure now. Pre-warning that we won't be back to normal until then?

Making changes to allow more outdoors too when 'the time is right'.

If he suggests on Thursday that people who are completely on their own and not even allowed a bubble (does any other country do flat?) Are going to be allowed to start meeting people outdoors in the middle of winter then he needs his head read and a bit of compassion.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

The reports say they arrived back on 4/01 , hence day 13 testing on 17/01 . Assume they all had day1/2 testing when one, none or more may have tested positive 

True. I was wondering if they'd been tested on day 7. 

It's also why I mentioned genomic testing. If they'd tested negative on day seven, and were shown to have the new, more infectious variant, it could give credence to (not prove) the longer incubation theory. 

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s interesting that they tested negative on Day 1, day 6/7 yet tested positive on day 13, I wonder if they’ll accept the new strain obviously incubates for longer?

Yes, that's what I've been trying to say.

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If they arrived on Island before 7/1 they’d have to do day1/2 and 13. To have tested positive on day 13 on 17/1 they must have arrived before 7/1. You can’t draw that conclusion.

Its possible that one of them had it on arrival, but wasn’t shedding, tested negative and has passed it on to 6 others, but it’s equally possible that they all caught it at home or en route.

As the whole cohort are now isolating for another 14 days it’s not relevant. Genomics would be interesting, but wouldn’t help.

I wasn't attempting to draw any conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I agree entirely John with your post, but not with this bit, we controlled entry for the plebs, the HNWI kept coming and going, people they deemed as Key kept coming and going, even where Key meant Key to someone the government likes, and the latest KWC , well money wouldn't be involved at all in decision making there would it !

To state we have controlled entry is stretching a point !

Didn't cause any issues though did it?

Lack.of testing did, but that's fixed now

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

They may not have tested negative on day1 as I already said, also there was no day 6/7 test as that hadn’t started on 4/01

Were these changes not reverse engineered? So are you saying that someone who arrived say 3/1/21 would be allowed to complete 14 days isolation rather than 21 day and could have skip testing altogether? 

Edit : I see other posts have already clarified this.......

Edited by Annoymouse

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

"... Think before you post." Apparently, those who are suffering from the virus, their family and close relatives have been "hurt" by stuff they've read on social media, according to DA MBE.

I only feel bad for those who actually had to travel for health or work reasons, the tossers who went to visit their family for Christmas and brought us all back a present for our community can get fucked.

• Like 3