IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

so as i expected no actual announcements today just an announcement to say there might be an announcement on Thursday possibly announcing a change in lockdown provide no more community spread announcements.

I guess the dandara chiefs want their boys back on site like last time. 

• Like 5

A bit perturbed that it seems that throughout this pandemic the SPCo have had mixed UK and Manx crews mixing on board, and the Manx crew members can go home and mix freely? None of the 'big three' could assure anyone of that situation and it seems 'they never thought of that' Duh!

Edited by Max Power
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not here it didn't so that buggers any conspiracy theory you might have been implying 

It did on the YouTube stream from the Gov't direct, twice in fact. Oh and on two different ISPs etc. As we had it on in different rooms.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged

Still nothing to allow someone who lives alone to form a bubble with family or friend. Loneliness and its affect on mental health not being taken into account. Being able to meet outside in the middle of January not much use for my elderly mother who is now starting to suffer. 

I'm mystified why she cant form a bubble with her sibling. Both live alone and desperate for company. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A bit perturbed that it seems that throughout this pandemic the SPCo have had mixed UK and Manx crews mixing on board, and the Manx crew members can go home and mix freely? None of the 'big three' could assure anyone of that situation and it seems 'they never thought of that' Duh!

But again its been happening for months and hasn't caused an issue.

Pretty sure we can assume they are doing everything they can to minimise the risk whilst doing what they need to do to operate.

The only way to have zero risk is no boats which clearly isn't an option

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

But again its been happening for months and hasn't caused an issue.

Pretty sure we can assume they are doing everything they can to minimise the risk whilst doing what they need to do to operate.

The only way to have zero risk is no boats which clearly isn't an option

Yes, but it seems that SPCo workers themselves are questioning the practice!

13 minutes ago, The Chief said:

so as i expected no actual announcements today just an announcement to say there might be an announcement on Thursday possibly announcing a change in lockdown provide no more community spread announcements.

I guess the dandara chiefs want their boys back on site like last time. 

I assume they will make the announcement at Wednesday briefing if no new community cases to take effect Thursday.

Also considering schools opening as a priority