IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well we finally got the results of the genomic tests. 

They were interesting 

Would they have helped. No

Well they aren’t doing anything with the data, plus it arrived 2 weeks late so it’s next to useless, it’s like pissing in the wind. Good news though GTS are now involved so if it wasn’t a complete cluster fuck it will be now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Well they aren’t doing anything with the data, plus it arrived 2 weeks late so it’s next to useless, it’s like pissing in the wind. Good news though GTS are now involved so if it wasn’t a complete cluster fuck it will be now.

Fair point. They were all the same strain. Obviously we only know that now and hindsight is a wonderful thing. I am not gloating on that as they could have been different strains. 

What I genuinely cant see though is that we could have done anything different than isolate all those that tested positive and also any other close contacts. Correct me of I am wrong but the minimal total time is 2 days for a genomic profile. That's 24hrs to get the pct result and then a further 2r hrs to get the profile. So how would it help?

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Fair point. They were all the same strain. Obviously we only know that now and hindsight is a wonderful thing. I am not gloating on that as they could have been different strains. 

What I genuinely cant see though is that we could have done anything different than isolate all those that tested positive and also any other close contacts. Correct me of I am wrong but the minimal total time is 2 days for a genomic profile. That's 24hrs to get the pct result and then a further 2r hrs to get the profile. So how would it help?

Well, in the case of an unknown sporadic case, quite simply:

You know where the infection came from.

You know where the infection got to.

You can now play connect the dots, whether that infection crossed through multiple people, and potentially identify other reservoirs within the community. This could well prevent wider spread of it.

That's it.

You can after the fact, correlate this data to your contact tracing. Identifying who you may have missed, why you may have missed them, and how that can be avoided next time.

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Screenshot_20210118-173631_Twitter.jpg

Anyone who had compassionate entry exemption before 23/12 is allowed to use the exemption, or was before 7/1.

Residents is 594 after deducting patients and KWC. So it’s roughly 20 a day. Clearly there will have been a bulge in returns between Xmas and 4 January.