IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

Yes even with my biggest 'genomics sceptic' hat on, i can say I don't think he shouldnt be saying this. How rude and can he evidence his statement?

• Like 2

Despite results having to be "chased" by email....?

Un-necessarily inflammatory remarks by Quayle but we could expect little else.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, piebaps said:

Look, its clear that for whatever reason (good or bad) they're not going to use Saint Rachel's services. Can we please move on? This shit is getting as boring and repetitive as fucking Guernsey.

Yes it is becoming boring. This is a new poke in the eye though which will get it all fired up again. Like :sweat:nest of wasps

3 minutes ago, jaymann said:

If HRH The Chief Minister is coming out with these comments then I’m afraid he is undermining part of his and previous administrations policies as regards to creating jobs, new companies and new growth and opportunities. Starship Enterprise and its forerunners were encouraging, Cleansweep and Biotech businesses to relocate here, and also medical companies. Some were based at the Freeport - very high tech and cutting work involved with DNA testing etc. Any new medical companies would wish to relocate here now with the likes of HRH The Chief Minister and ‘I know best’ Ashy, would soon decide to pack up when faced with such drivel. I’m afraid he is now becoming a laughing stock and embarrassent. Ashy is merely the ventriloquist dummy, having his strings pulled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Is 48 hours still a myth or are you going to review your comment which contains misinformation?

I also believe, although need to confirm, that the sample for genomic testing is taken from the positive PCR test. A sub sample. Just to be clear this is a belief and someone may be able to clarify this.

Accusations of misinformation are mean, you might hurt my feelings.

Dr Glover gives figures of 24 hours for everything so far sequenced with a full report in 36.

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If HRH The Chief Minister is coming out with these comments then I’m afraid he is undermining part of his and previous administrations policies as regards to creating jobs, new companies and new growth and opportunities. Starship Enterprise and its forerunners were encouraging, Cleansweep and Biotech businesses to relocate here, and also medical companies. Some were based at the Freeport - very high tech and cutting work involved with DNA testing etc. Any new medical companies would wish to relocate here now with the likes of HRH The Chief Minister and ‘I know best’ Ashy, would soon decide to pack up when faced with such drivel. I’m afraid he is now becoming a laughing stock and embarrassent. Ashy is merely the ventriloquist dummy, having his strings pulled. 

+5

His comments have set IOM BioTech/BioMed sector back 10 years with crap like that.

Stupid, stupid people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Accusations of misinformation are mean, you might hurt my feelings.

Dr Glover gives figures of 24 hours for everything so far sequenced with a full report in 36.

There seems to be conflict with the information in the media. Do you know if this 24/36 is on top of the 24hrs for the PCR test though.

Just now, Andy Onchan said:

+5

His comments have set IOM BioTech/BioMed sector back 10 years with crap like that.

Stupid, stupid people.

Ah, but they've got an MBE to hide behind you know. They must know best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, manxchester said:

Everyone I know who was at Truth and had to self isolate had 2 tests. One on the Wednesday (so 4 days after contact) and one on day 13. Whole household had to self isolate (no exercise allowed) but only the attendees were tested.

This is real facepalm stuff.  We're in a situation that looks like it was caused by failure to test everyone co-isolating together.  So what do they do?

So someone could have caught Covid at Truth, developed a mild, non-symptomatic case, passed it on to others in their family, but then cleared it from their system by Day 13.  And the others would be released into the community to unknowingly spread it, reassured that they were all clear.  Lessons never seem to be learnt - even if they were only given last month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1