IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

The only way is for the people of the Isle of Man to become aware of what is going on and to demand answers and not to give up.

Ain't gonna happen, as we well know. According to that fb poll, the majority of people who responded are fully content with the way things are being handled by government. They're as apathetic on this as they are about voting...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I agree Rox, but the whiff of litigation means they will never capitulate.  Our loss, but after seeing that, I cannot see any way back, much to my own immense disappointment. 

It will be "our" loss too. One way or another, we'll be paying for it. As ever.

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

To go to the Moon! That was the claim at the time anyway, I think it's Mars now?

The nearest Moon we'd ever be getting to was running around Andreas School playing fields....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

She appears to have taken on the “troublesome/turbulent  priest” guise of Thomas a Beckett to Howard’s Henry II.

Lets hope none of Howard’s knights are stupid.

Are his comments potentially slanderous? Reputationally damaging to her?

1 hour ago, Yibble said:

That also struck me as the most likely path both to obtaining a good outcome for the Island and to minimising ongoing embarrassment and reputational damage for all parties.

I did suggest it but my recommended middle man turned it down. probably right as well. There is no going back from this.

3 minutes ago, Trueblood said:

They were said on an occasion of absolute privilege. The traditional response in such circumstances is to invite the maker to repeat the remarks outside of parliament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yibble said:

That also struck me as the most likely path both to obtaining a good outcome for the Island and to minimising ongoing embarrassment and reputational damage for all parties.

The claim on Dr G's side is that when lawyers were trying to work out an agreement, DHSC was being less than clear.

Taxagenomics didn't want to work without a clear agreement in place, DHSC allegedly couldn't articulate what they wanted/were asking for full liability for false positives/negatives to be on Taxagenomics.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Trueblood said:

That could be argued certainly. He should have said it was governments view rather than stating it as fact.

Saying that, anyone wishing to legally challenge the statement would have to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt,  that he was wrong. Its subjective so that would be difficult.

Unprofessional though all the same

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They were said on an occasion of absolute privilege. The traditional response in such circumstances is to invite the maker to repeat the remarks outside of parliament.

So if he said something similar at the next press conference he might be in a bit of bother legally?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The claim on Dr G's side is that when lawyers were trying to work out an agreement, DHSC was being less than clear.

Taxagenomics didn't want to work without a clear agreement in place, DHSC allegedly couldn't articulate what they wanted/were asking for full liability for false positives/negatives to be on Taxagenomics.

As I understand it reading between her Tweets and what's been put out there, when she left DHSC got some machine of their own which she previously supplied, then copied her software without her permission rather than licensing and configuring it themselves too.