IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Happier diner said:

I don't get that. Maybe I didn't explain what I meant properly.

If they got it from the same source by two separate routes the genomics would be identical. Surely the genomics isn't that clever:lol:

If they were the same contact they got it from, yes.

My layman's understanding is that the virus is constantly mutating slightly, as RNA does. More like a visitor's book than fundamentally changing how the virus works. When it hops between hosts, the 30,000 letter sequence might change very slightly, but, every subsequent case will be a little more different than the last. The genomics is following the changes, forming what is essentially a family tree of transmission.

Much of this data is available for the UK's genome sequencing, so it can probably be correlated to that too, for a broader view of lineage.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I have heard of quite a few elderly who are saying that if they could (they cant) they would let their younger family members have their dose as they have already lived a long life which they don't particularly enjoy anymore and would rather see their own kids get normality back.

There were two phoned in to a moaninline i heard last week, my own Mum, and several others I know of

Interesting as the Berndawg has taken the stance that he'd rather take the early dose as any hitherto undiscovered side effects will have less impact on him than younger people so it gives them more time to suss out issues

Both relatively selfless sides of the same coin I suppose

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaymann said:

Was told this morning that Gov department planning for more free/loose movement has been pushed from 1st July target to 1st October. MGP 95% out the window.

Just like we said, right up to the elections.

Quayle & Ashford - The Peoples Covid Champions.

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Just like we said, right up to the elections.

Quayle & Ashford - The Peoples Covid Champions.

I hear whispers that HQ is thinking of standing again now because he feels he might be leaving without 'finishing the job'. But I doubt the others will vote him for CM.

"A survey of approximately 5,000 Americans suggests that 31.1 percent of the U.S. public does not intend to get the COVID-19 vaccine once it becomes available to them - and the likelihood of vaccine refusal is highest among Black Americans, women and conservatives."

It's apparently got a lot to do with sex and race.

"Women are 71 percent more likely to not to pursue vaccination, researchers found, followed by Blacks at 41 percent."

Link.

Just now, monasqueen said:

"Women are 71 percent more likely to not to pursue vaccination, researchers found, followed by Blacks at 41 percent."

Link.

My partner had her first dose a week ago on-Island. She was almost put off by the person administering it questioning her getting it because of the potential infertility issue (which is I guess unknown and unproven).

37 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

If they were the same contact they got it from, yes.

My layman's understanding is that the virus is constantly mutating slightly, as RNA does. More like a visitor's book than fundamentally changing how the virus works. When it hops between hosts, the 30,000 letter sequence might change very slightly, but, every subsequent case will be a little more different than the last. The genomics is following the changes, forming what is essentially a family tree of transmission.

Much of this data is available for the UK's genome sequencing, so it can probably be correlated to that too, for a broader view of lineage.

I can't believe it mutates in days within the same community. Sorry I just cant. I accept the science but I think the testing times are too long to ever beat track and trace based upon risk of contact with known positives. That's in a jurisdiction that is determined to achieve local elimination of course. If you were trying to manage/suppress infections then i would agree with you completely. 

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

My partner had her first dose a week ago on-Island. She was almost put off by the person administering it questioning her getting it because of the potential infertility issue (which is I guess unknown and unproven).

A male friend in England seemed to come across a similar fear when he went for his jab - they wanted to know if he could be pregnant.

5 minutes ago, jaymann said:

And extremely unlikely. Does anyone know any vaccines that cause infertility. 

All this fake news (not your quote)  genuinely scares people

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

And extremely unlikely. Does anyone know any vaccines that cause infertility. 

All this fake news (not your quote)  genuinely scares people

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was also on the waiver form you have to do for getting the jab.