IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

So Amenity sites are back open, but there has been no announcement on non essential journeys yet. I would like to get rid of a few bigs of stuff I’ve sorted out over the last week, but I can’t see how this would be deemed essential, can I take my daily exercise at the amenity site? 

Just now, Annoymouse said:

So Amenity sites are back open, but there has been no announcement on non essential journeys yet. I would like to get rid of a few bigs of stuff I’ve sorted out over the last week, but I can’t see how this would be deemed essential, can I take my daily exercise at the amenity site? 

Are they open? Haven’t seen any announcement 

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Could testing a few weeks after they've recovered indicate an immunity level or how long acquired immunity lasts for? Pardon my ignorance... 

Unless there’s a known immunodeficiency syndrome I think it’s assumed that people that definitely have covid and recover get antibodies. They wane from about 3 months. I’ve not seen anything relating antibody presence to continued immunity, although you would assume that’s the case. It doesn’t mean that you’re susceptible again once they’ve gone though because of T memory cells.

I’m not aware of anywhere that tests recovered people routinely to give them immunity certificates or whatever. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Bizarrely they are specifically mentioned in the list of valid reason to be out on the link posted a couple of hours ago

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

It doesn’t mean that you’re susceptible again once they’ve gone though because of T memory cells.

Covid-19 immunity likely lasts for years - MIT

A new study shows immune cells primed to fight the coronavirus should persist for a long time after someone is vaccinated or recovers from infection.

Good News, Everyone! I've invented a device that makes you read this in  your head! In my voice! - Good News Farnsworth - quickmeme

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 1

Ashie & Howie stated that one of reasons for lockdown was concerns over availability of beds at Nobles, turns out reason for low bed capacity is that ward 20 being used for vaccine roll out and private patients unit not being used as they plan to reopen.

So it looks like there’s plenty of bed capacity & the usual BS to justify their decisions.

https://gef.im/blog/nobles-capacity?fbclid=IwAR1qOO5qhuAlP6uqRMp4dF4GigHTWXrhTiENwvTBUEJs6ccBL6ecTyZnFeM

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ashie & Howie stated that one of reasons for lockdown was concerns over availability of beds at Nobles, turns out reason for low bed capacity is that ward 20 being used for vaccine roll out and private patients unit not being used as they plan to reopen.

So it looks like there’s plenty of bed capacity & the usual BS to justify their decisions.

https://gef.im/blog/nobles-capacity?fbclid=IwAR1qOO5qhuAlP6uqRMp4dF4GigHTWXrhTiENwvTBUEJs6ccBL6ecTyZnFeM

A friend of mine needed to get rushed rushed to A&E this evening. She sat (lay) outside in the ambulance for an hour.

It seems the whole thing is a mess right now. No wonder they were worried.

Edited by jaymann

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

A friend of mine needed to get rushed rushed to A&E this evening. She sat (lay) outside in the ambulance for an hour.

It seems the whole thing is a mess right now. No wonder they were worried.

...and there are only normally 4 ambulances covering the whole Island at any point :blink: (or at least that's what I was told on my First Aid at Work course).