IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Dilli, I am not going to reply to your PM.  All I will say, here, is I can see no reason to doubt the post and the context was to point out how stretched Nobles is, not to garner sympathy.  

You would do the staff at Nobles a better service if you displayed some of the empathy and humanity that they do on a daily basis.

Even if you do not believe the circumstances, can you not imagine how awful it would be if it was true, and empathise to that degree?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Dilli, I am not going to reply to your PM.  All I will say, here, is I can see no reason to doubt the post and the context was to point out how stretched Nobles is, not to garner sympathy.  

You would do the staff at Nobles a better service if you displayed some of the empathy and humanity that they do on a daily basis.

Even if you do not believe the circumstances, can you not imagine how awful it would be if it was true, and empathise to that degree?

The empathy is not strong on here.

I copped it a week or so back.  Need to stop whineing and get on with having a disabled daughter who can't travel and see her family, the fact that they cant come here, the fact that my Mrs is suicidal at the lack of contact with her family, and the fact that I can't earn or claim any government help.

Lots of people in privileged positions (which they have no doubt earned) happy to disregard the fact that people might be having a really crap time.

A decent source of information and occasional debate, but not somewhere many people are prepared to consider others circumstances.

I will say re a trip to Nobles for a loved one who has gone to that extreme I have been there and done it a number of times and worse.  If anyone in a similar situation wants to message for a chat they are more than welcome.

• Like 7

I know a long wait is awful, but just for comparison, the waiting time in Liverpool last week for category 4 calls was 7+ hours. Waiting times can push 5-6 hours overnight. I don't really think minor injuries cause an immense amount of pressure, where else do you go with a broken finger? Most of these are seen quickly and dispatched a team of highly trained nurses. 

People are stuck in A&E waiting for the right category of bed i.e the right category of covid risk, gender and medical specialty. I can only imagine this is worse in relatively small hospital such as Noble's. Bed stats are useful as a gross marker, but should be under the caveat of usable/appropriately staffed. 

I also read that 1 in 8 healthcare professionals are currently off sick or isolating. It's a perfect storm in an over-pressurised system from primary care onwards. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, benl said:

I know a long wait is awful, but just for comparison, the waiting time in Liverpool last week for category 4 calls was 7+ hours. Waiting times can push 5-6 hours overnight. I don't really think minor injuries cause an immense amount of pressure, where else do you go with a broken finger? Most of these are seen quickly and dispatched a team of highly trained nurses. 

People are stuck in A&E waiting for the right category of bed i.e the right category of covid risk, gender and medical specialty. I can only imagine this is worse in relatively small hospital such as Noble's. Bed stats are useful as a gross marker, but should be under the caveat of usable/appropriately staffed. 

I also read that 1 in 8 healthcare professionals are currently off sick or isolating. It's a perfect storm in an over-pressurised system from primary care onwards. 

Couldn’t put it any better, it’s a perfect storm. The Covid controls have a massive knock on effect, particularly if someone self isolating with Covid was to go on to have a mishap and needs bringing in to A&E.

During day hours if I have the choice I will always go upto Ramsey cottage rather than Nobles, never had a long wait and the treatment has always been second to none.

My last experience at Nobles was fairly dire, can’t go into great detail but the place was like a bee hive, lots of very stressed staff running around, seemed very stretched from what I can see, the staff were all pleasant but you could almost sense the stress in the air. I was told I was going to be referred for something and it never happened, which unfortunately added nearly 2 weeks onto my already long recovery.

Encouraging murmurings from the overlords.

Hooper yesterday pushing for compassionate travel. Edge saying we need to look at sensible ways to get to 3A, and even Howard admitting elimination is a short term strategy.

Glimmers emerging of a realisation that all being locked up and eliminating the virus is unsustainable.  Hopefully more will follow, although any mention of relaxing borders at all is still met by huge resistance by those who don't see any benefit to free(is, still with restrictions and isolation and testing) but seem incapable of actually looking at the risk level and seeing that there is virtually none if its done properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Encouraging murmurings from the overlords.

Hooper yesterday pushing for compassionate travel. Edge saying we need to look at sensible ways to get to 3A, and even Howard admitting elimination is a short term strategy.

Glimmers emerging of a realisation that all being locked up and eliminating the virus is unsustainable.  Hopefully more will follow, although any mention of relaxing borders at all is still met by huge resistance by those who don't see any benefit to free(is, still with restrictions and isolation and testing) but seem incapable of actually looking at the risk level and seeing that there is virtually none if its done properly.

I’m going to say it one more time.

Vaccjnate the elderly, care staff & extremity vulnerable then allow the rest of us to crack on.

The risk to those below pension age is incredibly small.

The country has been literally scared to death. I’m not dismissive of the virus, I believe it’s a nasty little bugger for a lot of people BUT not the majority who’s futures & livelihoods have been gradually strangled & destroyed.

Yes ... I’m a lone voice in an ocean of bed wetting. I might even die of this thing, who knows ... but it’s what I truly believe.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m going to say it one more time.

Vaccjnate the elderly, care staff & extremity vulnerable then allow the rest of us to crack on.

The risk to those below pension age is incredibly small.

The country has been literally scared to death. I’m not dismissive of the virus, I believe it’s a nasty little bugger for a lot of people BUT not the majority who’s futures & livelihoods have been gradually strangled & destroyed.

Yes ... I’m a lone voice in an ocean of bed wetting. I might even die of this thing, who knows ... but it’s what I truly believe.

Of you are a lone voice then so am I and lots of others I know.

Vaccinate those who need it through Feb then open up and let us crack on and get a headscarf on the rest of the world economy wise.

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Of you are a lone voice then so am I and lots of others I know.

Vaccinate those who need it through Feb then open up and let us crack on and get a headscarf on the rest of the world economy wise.

The world needs a headscarf - that has to be the meme of the week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The world needs a headscarf - that has to be the meme of the week!

Haha. Phone screen is smashed and its a nightmare.

No money to fix it and I wouldn't class it as essential even if I did.

Fingers crossed for the ability to go back to work soon being announced today along with some common sense on the borders.

Plus I am still working through the wine amd food stock from last lockdown when things were better financially but only have limited supplies left so realy need to be able to get some cash in, and its warmer out and about 

• Like 1