IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, quilp said:

In the event of a second wave, masks should become mandatory, and enforced. The scientists are now considering that the virus could be aerosolised so that presents even more of a risk. At the same time, I would like to believe that as a society we've learned something, that the importance of personal hygiene is now realised as vitally important for containment, a benefit to ourselves and others. The hand-washing, the distancing, sensible isolation, etc., should by now be second nature in the event of re-infection. Let's hope so. I'm coming to believe that this virus is something we're going to have to live with, for some time at least. 

I agree. But you are losing ground now you have changed your avatar for some snowflake looking guy, from the powerful image of Zappa

A bit like changing from Dave Gilmour to Boy George

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

Nah, that Hitchens, a giant of a man. 

Hitchens ? Are we on the removal thread again. Sorry , but I don’t know who you mean. I only think of Hutchins.

Edited by dilligaf

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I’m a little perplexed somewhat. The Nations Propoganda Mouthpiece seem to be saying Free Travel for Island Residents. It’s not free though, we have to pay for the crossing, and also have to sign a ‘legal document’ upon their return, as well as quarantining for 14 days upon returning to the island. It’s not going to make me jump for joy and wish to go across. It’s only worthwhile travelling for longer periods of time, Say a few months by which time, the borders should be fully open. 

It gives people an option.  If they don't like it stay fucking put.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It gives people an option.  If they don't like it stay fucking put.

Absolutely. 100% on the money there. Nothing more clear than that. There will be a  few chancers though. We weren’t all created equal.

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

I was just about to pm you to ask if that was Hitch. His ‘God is not Great’ book makes Richard Dawkins’ efforts seem very tame. 

Though brothers in arms they both. There is nothing I enjoy more than seeing all religion and any form of ridiculous supernaturalism getting a righteous kicking. As Hitchens alluded, and I paraphrase, if children weren't forced to be observant to one form of religious indoctrination or another as soon as they were old enough to understand fear, this world would be a far different place. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Black Mirror said:

I attach this without much comment about what is wrong with it. There is a list of countries that kept their borders open; did not closed down business compulsorily, or did so only very temporarily; and relied on voluntarily social distancing to slow down the spread of the virus. And did not have any of the kind of per capita death rates suggested by this disingenuous Manx questionnaire to assess people feeling about Manx government’s handling of the crisis.

856798804_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0719-24-12.thumb.jpg.5d52794ee182f72283f7824cb5ce4c64.jpg

I started on this questionnaire a few days ago but could not go past this precise point; and don’t know what comes later. What is the point if the range of thinking is restricted to only the alternative ideas that fit the official narrative?

Cheer up. After two years of border closure (or even semi-closure) Manx will be a compulsory second language in our schools and we will all feel so proud about our heritage.

• Like 1

Europe opened up to the UK today with largely unrestricted travel to a variety of destinations without the need to quarantine on return.

The UK public rewarded for their 'stellar' social distancing compliance by being given the opportunity to holiday abroad or travel for business. I'm starting to think this lot haven't got the foggiest how they can open us up to enjoy our freedoms without upsetting the FB boarder gang (because like it or not, the virus isn't disappearing whether we open tomorrow or in a years time).

Edited by Nom de plume

9 hours ago, quilp said:

Though brothers in arms they both. There is nothing I enjoy more than seeing all religion and any form of ridiculous supernaturalism getting a righteous kicking. As Hitchens alluded, and I paraphrase, if children weren't forced to be observant to one form of religious indoctrination or another as soon as they were old enough to understand fear, this world would be a far different place. 

As well as God is not Great, the book "No one left to lie to"  which is about the morals of Bill Clinton, which are words that  never appear in the same sentence.Also  in  Hitch's book "Hells Angel" about Mother Teresa, he points out ,that in her hospices, dying patients are left without pain relief or help,"To be nearer to our Lord" and experience what he did, while the Albanian born con artist flys around first class.Its  worth reading these 3 books.The veteran broadcaster Malcolm Muggeridge did a prog on her and was given a new type of video tape from the American company Ampex,when  they got back from filming,the nun from hell had a "Halo" above her,its a " sign" Muggeridge proclaimed,the Ampex company went "shit" that new tapes a failure.

• Like 1