IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I so glad I don't have neighbours nearby spying on me like the Stasi Neighbourhood Watch. Peeping out from behind their net curtains and taking notes.

Is there much to do in the garden at this time of year?

Walking by if ok with you , never seen it so busy our walking in winter!

Didnt ask the gardeners what they were doing but will next time for you😀

@pongo Plenty to do in the garden this time of year. For some plants it's a crucial pruning time, hard fruits like pear and apple need tidying-up; de-limbing, dead wood removed, a feed maybe, and some re-topping. Turning the compost and tilling the top-soil. Most of the stuff in my garden is in dormancy so a good time to replant; bigger pots/planters. If you're into gardening there's always something to be getting on with. Therapy at its best, relaxing, exertive and satisfying to see the results. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

It will be interesting in a few weeks time when someone who has been vaccinated with enough time for it to be effective travels to the U.K, returns to IOM and then tests positive having been infected on their travels.

Vaccination is not protection from infection or transmission. No credit was ever given for someone coming back having had COVID.

So what will will be the requirements- self isolation?

If everyone over 50 has been vaccinated there's nowt to worry about (I'd say 60 but there's still a few middle aged snowflakes knocking about).

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 4

When we look at some of the Western attitudes to observance of lockdown terms, the attendant restriction of freedoms and Covid death figures It's perhaps worth looking at the figures to date from some of the Far Eastern countries, I'll use two, being Taiwan and the Philippines (all available on google).

Taiwan, in particular, had anticipated another pandemic following on from SARS and planning and infrastructure was in place, ready. Their population was compliant with the lockdown conditions. The result was seven Covid deaths from a population of 23M.

It was also not unusual in footage from any Far Eastern country, following SARS and pre-Covid pandemic, to see many of the population wearing facemasks in crowded areas as a matter of course. Japan, Korea too. It was simply a matter of course and they did it apparently without objection.

The Philippines, with a population in excess of 120M, has "only" suffered 10,000 deaths. Again, their lockdowns were fairly stringent with the military enforcing compliance on the streets on occasions. Mask wearing is compulsory on many city streets and areas.

Now compare with UK and US where lockdowns, distancing restrictions and wearing of masks, have been frequently fought tooth and nail and ridiculed in the name of "freedoms", not least by some leaders.

With a combined death toll of 500,000 now, who's got it right and who's got it wrong?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I wonder if one of the topics they will touch on today is the amount of workmen recently working on the CM's house?

I bet they don't.

A member of the public challenged him on it, and he replied that 'his boiler broke'. Although why he needed a plasterer or two to fix his boiler wasn't made apparent.

The police were not involved on this occasion.

Nah they must have been mistaken , its one rule for all surely ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I wonder if one of the topics they will touch on today is the amount of workmen recently working on the CM's house?

I bet they don't.

A member of the public challenged him on it, and he replied that 'his boiler broke'. Although why he needed a plasterer or two to fix his boiler wasn't made apparent.

The police were not involved on this occasion.

hahaha