IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, Filippo said:

It is true, I have got homes in three different jurisdictions, and could easily add a fourth one, Switzerland, as I have been planning to do for a while. Life is mostly normal here. People can come and go, meet whom they want to meet. Unthinkable to throw someone in jail for stepping out of his home. The government is aflush with funds because every time there is a crisis the franc tends to appreciate and the central bank prints a lot of money to keep it down and invests the proceeds into things like US stocks, which has worked out wonderfully.

The long term consequences of bad policy decisions will be borne by the likes of you, not by me.

I am not giving up on the island for the time being, but plans are on hold. I wanted to buy a bigger place there, and had thought about rental property as well: all on hold. We (me and my business partners) had also though about an office in the island in alternative or in addition to the one in London: unthinkable now, it is so difficult to even travel there and there are obviously concerns about the long term viability of the island as an independent, liberal and prosperous jurisdiction. It has sealed itself from the outside world, thrown into jail for Covid violations more people than the crassest authoritarian regimes of the world, and it is in complete denial about the long term consequences.

By the way, I am getting a server configuration error accessing this forum from where I am (but I don’t think the location is the issue). It happens with all threads, not just this one. The problem goes away if one has an account and is signed in. Even this forum is shunning outsiders now. You are all going native.

Are you looking for the unobtainable in life?

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Very early to let households mix even outside at 2m apart, who’s going to police that? people can’t even social distance properly in shops with complete strangers 

Well it's upto individual choice, if not happy don't do it, do you think builders will social distancing?

pretty sure even if we had cases now they aren't going to call them 'community', they will put them under the banner of knowing where they are from so they won't count.

The lobbyists want 1st Feb and thats what they are getting.

To be honest for once i am glad as i need a mooch round BnQ for a few 'essential' bits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well it's upto individual choice, if not happy don't do it, do you think builders will social distancing?

Only time will tell I suppose, I won’t be visiting my family just yet. Builders should be pretty angry that they’re only just allowed back and are being treated the same as someone having a natter in a garden.

Edited by Annoymouse

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyone paying attention would have heard Dr Ewart explaining just how useful genomics testing is while at the same time demonstrating the problem with sending the samples away and having to wait such a long time for the results.

Yes, I wasn’t fully concentrating but thought she’d said that. 

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

The CM just said they consider this information - collected by Chamber of Commerce - irrelevant.

This man has no end.

20210121_163517.jpg

Anything is irrelevant unless it's collated and presented by Central Govt. It needs to be policy-based evidence to be valid.

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Only time will tell I suppose, I won’t be visiting my family just yet. Builders should be pretty angry that they’re only just allowed back and are being treated the same as someone having a natter in a garden.

Letting builders back is pointless.

Empty houses and working on their own.  Health and safety will love that and you will likely breach your insurance if you do that

• Like 1