IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

Each booth has a false ceiling which makes things a bit dark in there. So, yes, there are electrics for the lights in each booth.

Skirting boards too. It's a  nice touch that people will appreciate.

I actually went back to the photo to check and they're there. 

Satire is dead isn't it?

• Like 1

Just now, Two-lane said:

Each booth has a false ceiling which makes things a bit dark in there. So, yes, there are electrics for the lights in each booth.

Skirting boards too. It's a  nice touch that people will appreciate.

I hope they have done some nice paint effects on the skirting, rude not to.

P.S I don't think you could have sat down and designed a worse for ventilation/ air changes layout if you tried. Any Covid in the air down there will hang around for ages.................................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

There must be loads of empty industrial estate units on the Island. This location just seems so stupid, I really don't understand why they make these decisions. Plans, 3D mockups, timber framed walls and plasterboard, probably electrics. Insane. 

Church Halls and Villa Marinas.

Wait until you see the Chester Street Shoprite/Lyptons

This is surely a willy waving epsiode, with the eyes of the World (supposedly) on David and Howard, they had to spend taxpayers money to show them in the very best light. There is probably something in this and it may well be for the best. We shall see. Provided the cost of converting these areas is made public. And converting them back, although I suppose the Airport check-in is mostly done online these days,

Edited by Barlow

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Church Halls and Villa Marinas.

Wait until you see the Chester Street Shoprite/Lyptons

This is surely a willy waving epsiode, with the eyes of the World (supposedly) on David and Howard, they had to spend taxpayers money to show them in the very best light. There is probably something in this and it may well be for the best. We shall see. Provided the cost of converting these areas is made public.

Plus the Ramsey Hub!! Just seen UK using a cinema, just a few tables, chairs and laptops basically and off we go!  Just can’t understand the cost and why we couldn’t just put a few tables & chairs in airport foyer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

They really have used the check in hall at Ronaldsway haven’t they?

Who’s idea was that, Christ.

Cleariy no intention of us ever getting off here again - there’s your proof right there pilgrims.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

There must be loads of empty industrial estate units on the Island. This location just seems so stupid, I really don't understand why they make these decisions. Plans, 3D mockups, timber framed walls and plasterboard, probably electrics. Insane. 

You don’t understand why they make these decisions because you are not part of the decision making process where the pros and cons of each potential location is discussed and the best option chosen.

There is a bit more to it than just saying “ Hey there’s an empty industrial estate unit over there with cheap rental let’s use that” 

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

They really have used the check in hall at Ronaldsway haven’t they?

Who’s idea was that, Christ.

Not very busy at the moment I would have thought.... Govt owned - so extra rental costs, ample car parking, and good public transport links.

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You don’t understand why they make these decisions because you are not part of the decision making process where the pros and cons of each potential location is discussed and the best option chosen.

There is a bit more to it than just saying “ Hey there’s an empty industrial estate unit over there with cheap rental let’s use that” 

Bullshit. You tell me why that is the 'best' location? I've done some work in logistics and it isn't.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Care to expand on that Howie?

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Bullshit. You tell me why that is the 'best' location? I've done some work in logistics and it isn't.

I’ve already said that if you’re  not part of the decision making process and don’t have access to the merits or otherwise of each location you can’t determine the ‘best’ location’ You need access to all the relevant information.

So I’m afraid I can’t tell you why that this is the ‘best’ location.

But I’d be interested to know how you have come to the conclusion that the airport is not the best location,given your work in  logistics 

At least Australia isn't afraid to be open and honest with their population. 

Their Chief Medical Officer has openly said it is very unlikely their borders will be 'open before 2022... even after the majority of the population get the jab. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jan/19/reopening-australias-border-will-be-one-of-the-last-things-to-change-says-chief-medical-officer

It's not fair giving desperate people false hope that the borders are going to magically open. 

Why do some MHKs think we have some magic power to be able to let people in and not be put straight back in lockdown? 

• Haha 1