IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm not. With all due respect you keep bringing it up again. All I have done is re ask the question as, I have to be totally honest, I don't know the answer to

My take is that if we knew all along that these cases were linked and not "unexplained",we could potentially have had a shorter circuit break?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Manx Yeller said:

My take is that if we knew all along that these cases were linked and not "unexplained",we could potentially have had a shorter circuit break?

That is essentially it. If you can identify the transmissions and they're matching up with contact tracing, you know you probably have a handle on things and risk is low.

• Like 4

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

That is essentially it. If you can identify the transmissions and they're matching up with contact tracing, you know you probably have a handle on things and risk is low.

I may have imagined it, but wasn't the plan to have 2 weeks after the last unexplained case? If they suddenly now due to the use of genomics change them all to explained, have we been in a lockdown for no reason?

Just now, Manx Yeller said:

I may have imagined it, but wasn't the plan to have 2 weeks after the last unexplained case? If they suddenly now due to the use of genomics change them all to explained, have we been in a lockdown for no reason?

We’re still awaiting results of two ‘unexplained source’ cases, presumably from weeks ago now.

2 minutes ago, manxst said:

We’re still awaiting results of two ‘unexplained source’ cases, presumably from weeks ago now.

I did see on Twitter that Dr Glover was asking about where the info from the Liverpool lab was, so hoped that she might be able to get the info, prove that all the cases were linked and not unexplained and then hold a press conference showing that if the IOM Govt had used her to do the work, they'd have saved the vast amounts of money this lockdown had cost...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yorik said:

Skirting boards FFS

There is a "permanence" to these installations...?

And why would you effectively disable the check-in areas of your only airport for the duration?

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To be fair, I can understand why they would use the airport. 

Toilets, parking, first aid room, cafe, air con, heating, etc  all already on site.

Not to mention, almost no passengers 

But you just know this 'conversion' wasn't done on the cheap (which it should be due to being temporary) 

Edited by snowman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, snowman said:

To be fair, I can understand why they would use the airport. 

Toilets, parking, first aid room, cafe, air con, heating, etc  all already on site.

But you just know this 'conversion' wasn't done on the cheap (which it should be due to being temporary) 

I don't understand why they didn't put it upstairs along the windows in the (over-priced and under-used) cafe. It's out of the way without being difficult to access as there's a lift. There's even plenty of tables, all they needed were moveable office screens. 

If they're worried about covid safety regarding the lift, a little table outside, or even inside, the lift with a bottle of hand sanitiser and wipes should suffice. It's good enough for shoprite. 

41 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

How?

You still have to assume they have potentially been in in contact who might yet develop symptoms before they went into isolation.

Incubation period for others when a positive case has been out and about is the same wherever the positive case picked it up from

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

As I said the other day, this is the consequence of a government not being able to see past the nose on the end of its face.

The reason this is not 'going away' is that people are still extremely annoyed that the government have gone against their own policy to the detriment of the Island.

@Banker

It is me in the interview.

I'm not sure if it came across, but the CM does not understand the damage he has caused.

This isn't a matter of bashing the Gov or propping up @rachomics, it has genuinely caused great concern and ripples not only in BioMed but in other professional sectors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1