IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Banker said:

Doubt we will see the document from advisors as Howie doesn’t like to publish anything, Tynwald asked for the advice from Coronavirus emergency committee to be published and Ashie successfully got this pushed back to March Tynwald, why?

Time needed to administer Redactions.....? 😂

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I think we should be grateful for the Manx public at large for being compliant and for having perhaps a greater understanding and grasp of what's going on around them than 'they' think. 

It's been said before, closing the border is an easy decision to make. Getting them back open is going to be more problematic without a box with all the proper tools at our disposal.

We haven't yet heard from The Director of Public Health what the plan is to allow that to happen. When she withdrew testing back in the summer (assuming it was her recommendation) it was a mistake and she probably knows it. 

Until I see a document laying out what she believes will be the models for opening up the Island then I might have some confidence in her. Until that happens I'm afraid people will speculate all sorts of things resulting in the negativity that you read on here.

Completely agree. You only have to look at the news today of the I think 150 people at a wedding in the UK to see that it fundamentally is down to how the public behave. 

42 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If the south african variant gets here, which is entirely possible given our population, would we not be better knowing this a week before what we actually will by waiting for liverpool? 

No, because the advice to the public and the route forward for the medics is exactly the same.

What would you propose would change?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

No, because the advice to the public and the route forward for the medics is exactly the same.

What would you propose would change?

I've already said, i don't know. I just think this is going to be the year of the mutation, from a media perspective and possibly reality as well. As more and more get vaccinated and lockdown measures eased, then a strain which the vaccine doesn't work against becomes the greater threat. 

7 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Completely agree. You only have to look at the news today of the I think 150 people at a wedding in the UK to see that it fundamentally is down to how the public behave. 

It was worse than that . 400 guests at a Jewish wedding held at a school where the head had died last year from Covid . They just dont get it for whatever reason 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tricky said:

People will speculate/talk shite regardless of whether information is released or not. If Gov put info in the public domain, the die hard naysayers on here, Facebook etc will whinge... why are they putting this here, why don't they put it there, they opened to early, I wish they would open sooner ffs... and so on. If Gov withhold info, people will whinge... why don't they tell us what's going on, they fact they won't tell us means they don't know what to do... and so on. The old opinions and assholes analogy applies here... only issue I have is trying to establish which of the two we have more of.

In summary, people will whinge because that's what they would rather do than do as they are told. 

Perhaps it would be better if people whinged with better information?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

But that's gone and no amount of whinging is going to change it, so how's about people focus on the future, rather than getting caught up in past issues.

You're right of course, Tricks. I think we should all pretend it didn't happen, move on, draw a line, learn some lessons etcetera. Except that that issue may well have a significant relevance on all our lives, during this here pandemic thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps it would be better if people whinged with better information?

Unlikely, simply because it is human nature to take good information, take it three times round the block, then regurgitate it out of their arse as a load of shite. Therefore, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the information that is put out there - people will hear what they want to hear, think what they want to think, and say what they want to say, and none of it will make a blind bit of difference to the outcomes. The thing that will make a difference to the outcomes is to follow instructions, and take responsibility for our own welfare.

• Thanks 1