IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, much of the past 1159 has been to do openness, clarity and accountability.  None of which have been particularly apparent. 

I don't see why any of that is needed in all honesty. I don't need gov to be open with me, and i'm not going to beat them up for providing me with one of the safest places in the world to live over the past 12 months. Clarity - okay yes, I want that, and i got it... 'stay home, wash hands, wear face coverings, socially distance if you must go out' - all quite clear if you ask me. It's 1159 pages of speculation (and much more elsewhere) which has muddied the waters, not the government.

Yes, there have been mistakes along the way, but anyone that thinks anywhere was going to get through this pandemic without making mistakes, is frankly, an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I don't see why any of that is needed in all honesty. I don't need gov to be open with me, and i'm not going to beat them up for providing me with one of the safest places in the world to live over the past 12 months. Clarity - okay yes, I want that, and i got it... 'stay home, wash hands, wear face coverings, socially distance if you must go out' - all quite clear if you ask me. It's 1159 pages of speculation (and much more elsewhere) which has muddied the waters, not the government.

Yes, there have been mistakes along the way, but anyone that thinks anywhere was going to get through this pandemic without making mistakes, is frankly, an idiot.

Mistakes are to be expected, but they must be open about them.  When there is a lack of trust mistakes take on a sinister hue.  A mistake about flumes is one thing, but mistakes directly impacting health and livelihoods are quite another, particularly as success is so very dependent on compliance. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Mistakes are to be expected, but they must be open about them.  When there is a lack of trust mistakes take on a sinister hue.  A mistake about flumes is one thing, but mistakes directly impacting health and livelihoods are quite another, particularly as success is so very dependent on compliance. 

No, they don't need to be open at all, as it doesn't make a difference. What has happened, has happened.

Most of Europe is tightening border restrictions at the moment too.

I wonder whether during WW2 people moaned that the blackout and travel restrictions were impacting business. Apart from a few spivs perhaps (all though to be honest - they were probably smart enough to make their own opportunities).

Imagine if the War Cabinet had needed to answer to idiots on Facebook second guessing every decision - or conspiracy idiots arguing that the whole thing was hoax or that people were being deliberately frightened. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Do you seriously believe that Covid is just a scare / hoax? That it's them? And who are they? And why? 

Perhaps it's you who should put the pipe down :)  Or are you just pretending to sound like the crazies?

I’ve never said it was a hoax, ever.

The prevention (or lack of it) & consequences have proved more costly than the cure (which there isn’t).

Its been managed atrociously worldwide & I still can’t work out why they won’t present the data so the public can form their own opinions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’ve never said it was a hoax, ever.

And yet you deliberately choose to say that they (them again) "ramp up the rhetoric" to "scare people". Clearly implying a hoax.

But when challenged to be specific about who they are or why you wind your neck back in again and play the reasonable guy. And you've done this over and over. Why not just be honest?

Who are "they" (your words) ? And why are they doing it? Why won't you answer this? 

Edited by pongo

53 minutes ago, Tricky said:

No, they don't need to be open at all, as it doesn't make a difference. What has happened, has happened.

Do you not think they need to be open about our way forward?

If I was planning to move a business here I would want to know the plan.

Because I live here I want to know the plan.

We can't just bumble from month to month, there needs to be a clear road map.

They did have a plan for when we went back into lockdown but didn't bother following it

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

If I was planning to move a business here I would want to know the plan.

Why? This thing will be over sooner or later. But nobody serious is making ultra short term plans.

Your choice to move a business here will be about the years ahead. Not the months ahead.

• Like 1

And nobody not serious matters anyhow. For the most part the IOM is showing that it's a great place to be based. Assuming you are in the sort of business which is mostly remote.

If you want to drive up and down the M6 selling the business equivalent of double glazing then probably best not be based here.

• Haha 1