IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

On a different subject. Went down to the beach this morning with the dog. A few contractors working on the prom. Two of them, in bright orange, walking side by side. Chatting away. No social distancing. Plonkers

You know 100% percent that they aren't some of the ones here from across, who might have travelled here together weeks ago and now be in a flat together?

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

There is no way HQ and DA would go against professional medical advice..... is there?

I hope not anyway and my gut feeling is, no they wouldn't

A lot about the handling of this situation is not just about professional medical advice, but more about politics and political decision making - and all that that entails.

Incidentally, I know a few doctors/retired doctors and medical professionals. Especially during that 6 months of freedom I conversated long and hard, and their opinions on the whole Covid-19 situation is as diverse and extreme as any group of people I know. Even that of MF.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Banker said:

You would probably have been the air warden from dad’s army reportrting anyone who speaks against the government or breaks rules!!

A couple of nights without big raids and you'd have likely been arguing that it was time to end the blackout. Constantly arguing against the rules and making unnecessary journeys.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

I stumbled upon a daily isolation blog written recently by a Guernsey lad. He and others in his family travelled home for a funeral. They arrived on 8/1 and the funeral is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. 

His day 1 blog details the differences between UK and Guernsey's airport and the experience of testing at the airport on arrival. 

https://jehanswindup.blogspot.com/2021/01/quarantine-blog-day-1.html?spref=tw&m=1

His last isolation blog details day 13 testing and the fact that they were able to stop isolating six hours later that same day after receiving their negative results by text. That last day was 21/1.

I feel for them, to go through the two weeks of isolation only to get shut down two days later. Sounds like his grandfather isn't going to get the send off the family's been waiting for, for weeks. I'm waiting to see if he adds a lockdown entry.

https://jehanswindup.blogspot.com/2021/01/quarantifreedom-blog.html?m=1 

Worth a read. I also read days 2&3 but, well, I do have a life, such as it is, so I gave the rest of the entries a miss and skipped to the end. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Southernman said:

In the briefing this morning, the Guernsey Medical Chief praised the IOM approach to dealing with the recent outbreak and said they were more or less doing the same things. It made me proud.

Proud that we are copying them?

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

A lot about the handling of this situation is not just about professional medical advice, but more about politics and political decision making - and all that that entails.

True.

I am reliably informed that the issue of Covid is more or less settled now and the belief is that the vaccination rollout will sort it out. The atmosphere is very much about the internal politics, who is looking well, who managed to keep their head down, who will be queen bee etc.

Professional clinical advice has been argued at times, only to be expected. It's about who is going to come out on top now.

Not related I'm sure but some senior figures retiring very soon.

1 minute ago, Apple said:

True.

I am reliably informed that the issue of Covid is more or less settled now and the belief is that the vaccination rollout will sort it out. The atmosphere is very much about the internal politics, who is looking well, who managed to keep their head down, who will be queen bee etc.

Professional clinical advice has been argued at times, only to be expected. It's about who is going to come out on top now.

Not related I'm sure but some senior figures retiring very soon.

If only that were true. 
Can’t see the vac rollout being the end if it at all, just an easing.

• Like 3