IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, Augustus said:

"Bit of an oddball" lets him down gently. The man is delusional and dangerous to weak-minded people.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/man-spent-six-days-in-custody-after-refusing-to-give-details/

Obviously "not the full shilling". Just the sort of person our Govt holds open the door for.

Bladon Jets seem to still be in existence, Coventry-based - I see MT CEO Gary Lamb is a NED with them too, according to their website?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The state of play with the UK and its handling of the pandemic will be a major factor in any decisions about our borders.

Irrelevant, we just hold infections in isolation until letting them out.

such a leaky immigration/isolation policy. It would have to be massively improved with a properly monitored quarantine facility

One issue in 6 months when we were level 4.  None since new regime implemented 

o repeat the latest UK figures, only 17% of those developing symptoms are bothering to present for testing. Less than 1/5th. Only 4 out of 10 of those positively diagnosed bother to complete their full isolation period. So Lord only knows what the real carrying and shedding numbers are and people clearly can't be relied on to voluntarily observe the requirements.

So those who are ill and might have it, aren't actually ill enough to be arsed having a test and needing to isolate?

Those who know they have it don't see any need to stay home because they feel fine.

Get the vulnerable vaccinated ASAP and open the borders with the existing testing and isolation.

Anyone still scared can stay home until they been vaccinated themselves and let the rest of us crack on

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

14 days and three negative tests.

There is always going to be the odd curveball like above. We need to be realistic.  Thats when your track and trace an isolation of contacts kicks in.

Your example isn't  relevant in the context of what I was suggesting anyway is it? 

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

14 days and three negative tests.

There is always going to be the odd curveball like above. We need to be realistic.  Thats when your track and trace an isolation of contacts kicks in.

Your example isn't  relevant in the context of what I was suggesting anyway is it? 

Its just an example, like the 1886 case we had here, of the 14 days perhaps not being long enough. How long do people need to stay in isolation for? How long is fair? To the individual and to society? It's not like these people are criminals who should be locked up. It's a question of freedom, liberty and responsibility. Like your tagging proposal, its an affront to decency.

I know you want the borders open more, we're going to have to eventually, I'm just not sure you've really thought it through.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its just an example, like the 1886 case we had here, of the 14 days perhaps not being long enough. How long do people need to stay in isolation for? How long is fair? To the individual and to society? It's not like these people are criminals who should be locked up. It's a question of freedom, liberty and responsibility. Like your tagging proposal, its an affront to decency.

I know you want the borders open more, we're going to have to eventually, I'm just not sure you've really thought it through.

Have you thought through leaving them as they are.

My post that you quoted said after all vulnerable vaccinated.

I don't actually think that's necessary, but belive its what will happen.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That's possible but irrelevant. The site rules are the site rules. The construction industry has promised to be covid safe, yes within hours of being allowed back the plonkers don't have the common sense to even look like they are even trying. 

Its all bullshit anyway. You can work in a sterile way in the right environment, hospital etc but saying that you can on a building site is BS.

It is just a PR exercise, the wearing of face coverings on site, unfortunately some cant even do that. If you spend all day working on a scaffold with someone who has Covid you are going to catch it, end of.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The 1886 example is completely irrelevant for obvious reasons stated many times previously.

I can't get my head around how so many people think the fact that that happened is in anyway relevant to conversations we have about moving forward.  I actually think it contributes massively to the fear around travel because people think it can happen again.

Really Howard needs to grow a pair and admit publicly that if he hadn't delayed until 23/12 we wouldn't have needed a locldown and take some responsibility for it, while clearly laying out to the public why the changes now in place mean that set of circumstances can't reoccur. 

Edited by horatiotheturd

35 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its all bullshit anyway. You can work in a sterile way in the right environment, hospital etc but saying that you can on a building site is BS.

It is just a PR exercise, the wearing of face coverings on site, unfortunately some cant even do that. If you spend all day working on a scaffold with someone who has Covid you are going to catch it, end of.

What I saw was 2 chaps walking side by side chatting. Not working. Perfectly possible to social distance.

If they had been actually working I would gave agreed with you as it is difficult. However I would say the construction firms have convinced gov that they can comply, do if they cant they need to go home again.

To add some balance. I walked the length of the prom this morning and the work practices were excellent. 

Seems to me that Howard always mentions, The meeting of the council ministers every time before he comes out with some crap. Like the decision is not his he is just passing on the bad news. Forgive me if I am wrong is he not in charge of the council of ministers and what he decides is what we get for fuckup or worse

Edited by Dirty Buggane
words failed me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Its just an example, like the 1886 case we had here, of the 14 days perhaps not being long enough. How long do people need to stay in isolation for? How long is fair?

It is worth pointing out that the New Zealand case was the first 'quarantine failure' in months in a country of 5 million people. The quarantine system here could be improved by some slight tweaks. 14 days and 3 negative tests is pretty secure, as is 21 days without tests for individuals isolating alone. If people have travelled together and are isolating together, perhaps they shouldn't be given the option of 21 days isolation without testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1