IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Therein lies the problem. Those who believe the nonsense shoved down our throats. All that is what the NHS is for. I don’t have a clue how busy they have been and neither do you. Anyway , they should be busy or do you want to pay them for sitting on their thumbs. 

I would suggest that the majority of society would prefer the NHS to be relatively quiet and I for one have no problem whatsoever paying them “to sit on their thumbs”.  Do you feel the same about firefighters?  Coastguard?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Therein lies the problem. Those who believe the nonsense shoved down our throats. All that is what the NHS is for. I don’t have a clue how busy they have been and neither do you. Anyway , they should be busy or do you want to pay them for sitting on their thumbs. 

So busy that the Royal Lancaster Infirmary are actually looking into closing their pediatric unit to be replaced with more bed space for COVID patients, along with converting waiting rooms to makeshift wards? They're looking at redirecting patients 50 miles away to Barrow in Furness as the closest place with capacity.

Busy enough that care staff are having mental breakdowns and they need volunteers to turn patients in ICU beds? That ICUs are turning from 1-to-1 nursing to as high as 1-to-5?

Unfortunately, it really highlights the limits the Conservative government has pushed the NHS to. They're on the skin of their teeth at the best of times. This isn't the fault of the hospitals or NHS itself, and is a symptom of systemic underfunding and unpicking of the NHS to be sold off to the elite.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So busy that the Royal Lancaster Infirmary are actually looking into closing their pediatric unit to be replaced with more bed space for COVID patients, along with converting waiting rooms to makeshift wards? They're looking at redirecting patients 50 miles away to Barrow in Furness as the closest place with capacity.

Busy enough that care staff are having mental breakdowns and they need volunteers to turn patients in ICU beds? That ICUs are turning from 1-to-1 nursing to as high as 1-to-5?

Unfortunately, it really highlights the limits the Conservative government has pushed the NHS to. They're on the skin of their teeth at the best of times. This isn't the fault of the hospitals or NHS itself, and is a symptom of systemic underfunding and unpicking of the NHS to be sold off to the elite.

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

See next post. I thing we agree.

Just now, Anyone said:

The point I was making is that the NHS and emergency services here has , unlike the UK , not been even close to being overwhelmed , nor have any of the emergency services. They’ve all had an an easy ride.

I'd much rather them having an easy ride. See firefighters for example, you don't want them to be busy in case you need them.

We only have 6 ICU beds, one bad accident and that's those full.

7 minutes ago, Anyone said:

The point I was making is that the NHS and emergency services here has , unlike the UK , not been even close to being overwhelmed , nor have any of the emergency services. They’ve all had an an easy ride.

I know an ICU nurse over here, and speak to her often, she helps keep my spirits up, it has not been an easy ride regardless of the fact we've not had that many desperately sick patients compared to some places. There is a lot that goes on, it has taken its toll on her and her colleagues, they have basically been on high alert for a year. You're an absolute fool to suggest it has been an easy ride. Go fuck yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Anyone said:

So should we have been aiming to routinely overwhelm the health service to breaking point?

I guess we've been doing it all wrong these last 10 months. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So busy that the Royal Lancaster Infirmary are actually looking into closing their pediatric unit to be replaced with more bed space for COVID patients

Alder Hey have 8 adult patients in their ITU and were being pressured to take more. Covid in the UK is no joke. I’m glad to be here. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Anyone said:

now you are making yourself look like a dick, you have no idea who i am or what i do, why the fuck do you think i am defending it from assholes like you work it out.

1 minute ago, The Chief said:

now you are making yourself look like a dick, you have no idea who i am or what i do, why the fuck do you think i am defending it from assholes like you work it out.

Well at least I don’t go about calling people names for no reason. Not agreeing is not a reason.

Just now, Anyone said:

Well at least I don’t go about calling people names for no reason. Not agreeing is not a reason.

no mate you realised what a stupid statement you made and are now desperately trying to climb out of the hole you've dug for yourself because you've come across people who actually know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

Fortunately, not a lot of covid patients have had to use the service, being able to recover at home. You do know that could change without much notice, don't you? I'd like to think our hospital is ready to go should the need arise. I also think the pressure amongst the staff is at premium levels, on tenterhooks at the best of times. That's pretty wearing, mentally. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

You've just denigrated the people who work in our 'glorified A&E' hospital by saying that they've had an easy ride sat on their thumbs.

I'd say that's fair reason to call you names.

• Like 2