IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, The Chief said:

now you are making yourself look like a dick, you have no idea who i am or what i do, why the fuck do you think i am defending it from assholes like you work it out.

Well at least I don’t go about calling people names for no reason. Not agreeing is not a reason.

Sunday 24th January - We now have 15 (known) active cases of COVID-19 in the Bailiwick. There have been two recoveries and seven new cases were found overnight. One is a new case of community seeding and six are contacts of known cases. 

During the live briefing today Dr Brink announced a further 20 new cases, these are in addition and will be reflected in tomorrows stats

going a bit pear shaped in Guernsey unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

Being in a state of perpetual preparedness is not exactly "sitting on their thumbs." 

Just now, Banker said:

Sunday 24th January - We now have 15 (known) active cases of COVID-19 in the Bailiwick. There have been two recoveries and seven new cases were found overnight. One is a new case of community seeding and six are contacts of known cases. 

During the live briefing today Dr Brink announced a further 20 new cases, these are in addition and will be reflected in tomorrows stats

going a bit pear shaped in Guernsey unfortunately 

Sounds like they're on the brink... 

Hard to tell what the next few days/weeks will bring. 

My guess is 'delayed onset covid' (or whatever phrase it becomes known by) will become more well known. 

It's been detected in New Zealand. It seems to have happened here twice to seed the latest outbreak, and it would potentially explain Guernsey. 

The UK won't notice it as they're continuing with their laughable 10 days isolation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Hard to tell what the next few days/weeks will bring. 

My guess is 'delayed onset covid' (or whatever phrase it becomes known by) will become more well known. 

It's been detected in New Zealand. It seems to have happened here twice to seed the latest outbreak, and it would potentially explain Guernsey. 

The UK won't notice it as they're continuing with their laughable 10 days isolation. 

Man it's like pulling teeth.

They have explained what happened here.

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Being in a state of perpetual preparedness is not exactly "sitting on their thumbs." 

Sounds like they're on the brink... 

yes cases found in a few schools so closed to even key workers children for 2 days minimum, seems worse than our outbreak as at least we had some known sources 

44 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

I would suggest that the majority of society would prefer the NHS to be relatively quiet and I for one have no problem whatsoever paying them “to sit on their thumbs”.  Do you feel the same about firefighters?  Coastguard?

Well.  I doubt there is a country anywhere in the world with so many fire appliances per head ff population, and very few other than major cities with so many fire stations in such a small geographical area.

Can you think of any?

Its another example of huge government bloat (250k design fees for a new airport fire station that will be able to see the new firestation by the Sefton express through the window)

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Well.  I doubt there is a country anywhere in the world with so many fire appliances per head ff population, and very few other than major cities with so many fire stations in such a small geographical area.

Can you think of any?

Its another example of huge government bloat (250k design fees for a new airport fire station that will be able to see the new firestation by the Sefton express through the window)

How many fire appliances do we have per head of population?

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Well.  I doubt there is a country anywhere in the world with so many fire appliances per head off population, and verybgre other than major cities withnso many fore stations in such a small geographical area.

Can you think of any?

Its another example of huge government bloat (250k design fees for a new airport fire station that will be able tonsee the new firestation by the Sefton express through the window)

Airports have very different requirements to a house being on fire, houses aren't typically full of jet fuel.

Per the CAA and ICAO, they have to be at any part of the airport within 3 minutes of getting the call. Ideally within 2. They also have to have a minimum amount of water they can get on the fire within that time frame to handle aircraft the size that they do. Transitioning to the secure airfield would already obliterate that time.

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Airports have very different requirements to a house being on fire, houses aren't typically full of jet fuel.

Per the CAA and ICAO, they have to be at any part of the airport within 3 minutes of getting the call. Ideally within 2. They also have to have a minimum amount of water they can get on the fire within that time frame to handle aircraft the size that they do. Transitioning to the secure airfield would already obliterate that time.

You really don't think that there is anyway on earth that thought could have been given to reducing costs by sharing some of the facilities of an airport firestation and another one right across the road?

• Like 1

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

You really don't think that there is anyway on earth that thought could have been given to reducing costs by sharing some of the facilities of an airport firestation and another one right across the road?

What facilities can they share? The machinery is totally different, you'd have to build the station to cover either side of the fence and protect it anyway, as you can't have people being able to cross to airside accidentally. The airport fire station needs to essentially have a path directly to the runway per regulation.

The airport fire station needs to also be manned whenever flights are operating, there is an enormous number of rules governing it.

• Like 5