IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Eugenics again yeah?

Is it not the case that these people can be shielded now?

We know so much more.

We have the vaccine, the PPE, the knowledge.

Why are the lions share of the working population & our youth being disadvantaged?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Go on ....

What's the point? You won't ever listen or take it seriously because you've already made your mind up.

Edt - basically though there is too much virus, its too hard, its too late, there are loads of 'those people'

Edited by TheTeapot

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What's the point? You won't ever listen or take it seriously because you've already made your mind up.

Edt - basically though there is too much virus, its too hard, its too late, there are loads of 'those people'

I haven’t made my mind up at all.

I have formed an opinion based on the information I’ve read & digested.

I’m willing to be educated as why at this point, we cannot shield those who are at most risk?

Let us take the IOM as our example & we have all over 50’s and care workers vaccinated.

What should we do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

A year ago 1 person dying of Covid made headline news. Certainly 50 or 100. But now only 8000 or so, under 64 and it's just another update.

And the over 65s don't really matter because they're going to die sometime soonish anyway, well before the under 64s

We've become hardened to the situation so quickly.

Do you not think most of them would have died in the last 12 months anyway?

Death wasn't invented by COVID-19 

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m willing to be educated as why at this point, we cannot shield those who are at most risk?

Let us take the IOM as our example & we have all over 50’s and care workers vaccinated.

What should we do?

Wondermark » Archive » #1062; The Terrible Sea Lion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Selections from a Telegraph article today, about Ealing Hospital, "where people in their 30s, 40s and 50s are fighting for their lives.".. It's probably behind a paywall, so I have selected a couple of relevant bits.

"A 56-year-old teacher, Cook tested positive two weeks ago. She felt a little unwell, she says, then “boom, the next thing you know I’m at death's door, rushed in, collapsed, couldn’t breathe”. Cook has now been on oxygen for ten days"

“At the minute we have a particularly young group of patients in,” she says. “Many of our patients on the very sick ward are now between the ages of 40 and seventy." 

Whilst not disputing the article, and this might not be popular.

Most of the stories I have seen they either have underlying conditions or when they have photos of the poor victim they are clearly obese or have a fag in their hand (normally both)

Life choices often reduce your lifespan 

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

What should we do?

Seems reasonable to me.

You won't get an answer though, we all know that.

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

What should we do?

It's your proposition that shielding should be the way to go, give us a plan. you've raised this lots of times before, but any time the detail is requested there is nothing but silence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Whilst not disputing the article, and this might not be popular.

Most of the stories I have seen they either have underlying conditions or when they have photos of the poor victim they are clearly obese or have a fag in their hand (normally both)

Life choices often reduce your lifespan 

It's their own fault!!!!!

Fucks sake.

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Do you not think most of them would have died in the last 12 months anyway?

Death wasn't invented by COVID-19 

Vast majority of over 80s certainly would have done . Of course many more will die because of other issues like cancer, heart issues due to lack of treatment 

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Some people seem to want to write off anyone who is of pensionable age, and "anyone over the age of 80 would have died anyway."

Our Lord of Mann and her Prince Consort would, I'm sure, be amongst many who would disagree.

Exactly. Life expectancy at 80 isn’t zero. It’s at least 5 years. And that’s the average.

My life expectancy may be impaired, but I’m as entitled as a 20,30, 40,  50, year old to live it out with out being abandoned or placed at unnecessary risk. I still work and pay substantially into the system.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2