IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Has anyone had a visit from the Cabinet Office whilst in self-isolation?

Once during my October isolation and three times during our Xmas & New Year isolation. Although one of them was at 10 am on day of arrival to give us the correct direction notice, because the one we had been handed at 6am coming off the ferry was wrong.

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

68.000.000 verses 84.000 on a Island surrounded by water only 2 access points  people who have complied as requested and if they dared to flout the law ended up in prison, yes I can see the comparison FFS get a grip.

But size doesn't make a lot of difference.  After all Taiwan (pop 23 million) has also very successfully followed an exclusion policy - rather more successfully that the Isle of Man.  And Australia (pop 25 million and much bigger in area than the UK) is attempting the same.

One thing the experience of Jersey (and most other countries in the world) confirms is that 'managing' Covid simply isn't an option.  This may change with vaccination, but it's failed utterly so far.

• Like 1

Hmmm seems a bit daft unless someone has complained that you've been out and about in which case it should be the police.

I have no problem with them ringing the land line to check you're in but turning up, unannounced, after likely visiting other high risk arrivals over the past 21 days, seems to add cross-infection risk not reduce it.

16 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Has anyone had a visit from the Cabinet Office whilst in self-isolation?

Yes twice (returning students). They were really good. They rang from the end of the pathway. They were happy to shout up to the Isolee up in the window. They chatted casually but asked the right questions. They didn't come in the house and they respected social distancing. 10/10 for me

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Hmmm seems a bit daft unless someone has complained that you've been out and about in which case it should be the police.

I have no problem with them ringing the land line to check you're in but turning up, unannounced, after likely visiting other high risk arrivals over the past 21 days, seems to add cross-infection risk not reduce it.

They don’t come in. Ring bell, stand back 2m plus and shout. No real risk of cross contamination.

We had one phone call each time.

Its a good reminder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Ringing the landlines is completely pointless.  I could be anywhere on earth and still answer that.

They shout through the door or the window and have actively been recruiting more people recently.

No risk at all.  If resources allowed I would like to see more frequent checks

Ringing the landlines is completely pointless.  I could be anywhere on earth and still answer that.

If you were anywhere else on earth I doubt that would be an issue anyway but would anyone, really divert a call to another landline or a mobile and then go out and be seen? Really? Nah....

What happens if you are in a flat and have to come down 4 flights of stairs to confirm you are in and it is you?  Not sure this has been that well thought out.

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

What happens if you are in a flat and have to come down 4 flights of stairs to confirm you are in and it is you?  Not sure this has been that well thought out.

If there's an intercom system they speak to you on that, if there isn't they have to climb the stairs and talk to you at the front door of the flat the same way they would if the door was on the street.  Possibly both.

Hope our police force are more sensible!

That's one expensive haircut... 31 Met Police officers handed £200 fines for using professional barber while on duty 

The group of officers had their hair cut by a barber while on duty at Bethnal Green police station last month, breaking COVID-19 rules. 

Two officers who helped organised the activity, which was meant to be for charity, are under investigation for misconduct. 

• Haha 1