IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah. He's gonna have to go for a No1 soon or he's gonna look as daft at Trump.

Like him or not though, sad to see a man struggling with a tonne of weight on his shoulders.

I'd have more sympathy for the man if he hadn't allowed Cummings - and his own over-inflated ego/narcissism - put that weight there. 

Not to mention he seems still to be suffering from the effects of his bout with covid, (although I believe he denies this) which is also his own doing. (Getting covid in the first place, not suffering from the after-effects.)

And that hair... he seems to think it makes him look adorable so I can't see him doing anything about it any time soon. 

Edited by Zarley
Fat fingers

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Won't be a popular opinion but the only bit of the situation in Guernsey that interests me is if people end up in hospital and/or dead.

Cases are irrelevant as far as I am concerned, if anything as long as those people aren't becoming really ill it just speeds up the path towards herd immunity.

What gets me is your apparent refusal to understand that one doesn't have to become "really ill" with covid to experience long lasting, debilitating effects. 

Your idea of achieving "herd immunity" would involve many people becoming incapacitated and unable to return to work for weeks and even months. Some end up with chronic organ and nerve damage and will never again lead a normal life, much less return to work. 

• One in seven people is ill for at least four weeks
  • One in 20 people is ill for at least eight weeks
  • One in 45 people is ill for at least 12 weeks

So far there have been 3.67 million cases in the uk, subtracting deaths gives 3.57 million cases. So...

510,000 people ill for at least four weeks

178,500 people ill for at least eight weeks

79,333 people ill for at least 12 weeks

How is an already overstretched NHS supposed to support these people to achieve their eventual recoveries? How will the people ending up with chronic conditions be supported long-term?

Covid isn't only about death. It amazes me that you don't see it. 

Health and Social Care Secretary Matt Hancock said: "The findings of the Covid Symptom Study are stark and this should be a sharp reminder to the public, including to young people, that Covid-19 is indiscriminate and can have long-term and potentially devastating effects."

Source of quotes.

40 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I'd have more sympathy for the man if he hadn't allowed Cummings - and his own over-inflated ego/narcissism - put that weight there. 

Not to mention he seems still to be suffering from the effects of his bout with covid, (although I believe he denies this) which is also his own doing. (Getting covid in the first place, not suffering from the after-effects.)

And that hair... he seems to think it makes him look adorable so I can't see him doing anything about it any time soon. 

The Dulux dog 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It was far enough into the pandemic for Boris Johnson to have publicly ripped the little shit a new asshole.

That act alone might well have save 10,000s lives and countless £millions.

27 minutes ago, Len Trench said:

Going a bit off topic here boys and girls.

Good point, but we must NEVER lose sight of what is happening across the water. 

And we - IoM Gov - need as far as possible to plough our own furrow here

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Zarley said:

What gets me is your apparent refusal to understand that one doesn't have to become "really ill" with covid to experience long lasting, debilitating effects. 

Your idea of achieving "herd immunity" would involve many people becoming incapacitated and unable to return to work for weeks and even months. Some end up with chronic organ and nerve damage and will never again lead a normal life, much less return to work. 

So far there have been 3.67 million cases in the uk, subtracting deaths gives 3.57 million cases. So...

510,000 people ill for at least four weeks

178,500 people ill for at least eight weeks

79,333 people ill for at least 12 weeks

How is an already overstretched NHS supposed to support these people to achieve their eventual recoveries? How will the people ending up with chronic conditions be supported long-term?

Covid isn't only about death. It amazes me that you don't see it. 

Source of quotes.

Meet me back here in 28 days and let's see how many in Guernsey have ended up in hospital 

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Meet me back here in 28 days and let's see how many in Guernsey have ended up in hospital 

You totally missed my point. Totally. Missed. My. Point. 

Did you actually read what I wrote? Did you click on the link and read the article? 

Are you being wilfully ignorant - or are you just plain ignorant? 

FFS