IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, Zarley said:

You totally missed my point. Totally. Missed. My. Point. 

Did you actually read what I wrote? Did you click on the link and read the article? 

Are you being wilfully ignorant - or are you just plain ignorant? 

FFS 

Yes I did read your post.

So - "cases" do you really think there have been 3.7 million in the UK?

Any more or less when related back to our little island would seriously skew the figures for long term effects.

You think 3.7million?

Edited by horatiotheturd

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Yeah

So if a "case" is someone who tests positive do you think the UK have had 3.8m "cases"?

Really?

Well, how many do you suggest? Please supply any links or data to support.

• Haha 1

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Google it.

Compare to here and our testing regime

Double that would be Conservative 

I just did. It came back with the screenshot I posted. Do you have any evidence to support the double figure claim?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

I just did. It came back with the screenshot I posted. Do you have any evidence to support the double figure claim?

Here is a clue

1 in 8 would have tested positive for antibodies in the UK in December.

The 50 "cases" we had in January. None of them were sick.  We test far more than the UK.

Get your calculator out

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Here is a clue

1 in 8 would have tested positive for antibodies in the UK in December.

The 50 "cases" we had in January. None of them were sick.  We test far more than the UK.

Get your calculator out

Well what are you trying to imply? Some sort of global conspiracy? By whom? To what intent or end?

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Yeah

So if a "case" is someone who tests positive do you think the UK have had 3.8m "cases"?

Really?

The numbers out today are higher than the ones I used above, the same ones NB posted.

I think the number of people who have had covid in the UK is quite likely much higher. MUCH higher. 

1. Test availability was abysmal for the first months of the pandemic.

2. Test availability was abysmal in August/September when schools went back and workers also went back in higher numbers than previously.

3. Many people don't test even though they feel unwell because they don't want/can't afford to isolate.

(I'm not talking about asymptomatic and untested cases, but if we knew how many of these there were, cases would be off the freaking chart.)

A person does not need to be severely ill, nor hospitalised, to suffer lasting covid effects. These effects can be anywhere from catastrophic to extremely annoying to the point of causing severe depression. (For example, long-term loss of sense of taste/smell, which is awful to experience)

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Google it.

Compare to here and our testing regime

Double that would be Conservative 

The original post of yours to which I objected was the one where you said only deaths mattered to you. I'm trying to get through to you that death is not the only covid concern. 

And you just keep coming back with yeah but yeah but yeah but ad nauseam.

Screenshot_20210126-204756.png

Screenshot_20210126-204837.png

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Well what are you trying to imply? Some sort of global conspiracy? By whom? To what intent or end?

That the figures quoted before are nonsense.

Yes people suffer long term issues, but the people who do are accurately (osh) reported.

To make out that those figures are a percentage of "cases" and then imply that is how many people would suffer long term of here is just bull s**t.

3.8m cases is tosh in the UK.  At least 4 times that many and hardly any of them noticed 

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I always found this link interesting ad it is one of the few captive audience examples available. 

https://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/sm/id/documents/COVID/AsymptCOVID_TransmissionShip.pdf

As you can see the ratio is almost 50/50. But look at the age demographic. 

However, here is the thing. Of the symptomatic cases, how many (in a normal setting) would actually go and get tested? You would have to feel quite bad before you would. Therefore, it is estimated that the ratio is around one in five. So that 3,000,000 positive tested figure is more like 15,000,000 actual cases

Edited by Cambon
Pressed post too soon.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

The numbers out today are higher than the ones I used above, the same ones NB posted.

I think the number of people who have had covid in the UK is quite likely much higher. MUCH higher. 

1. Test availability was abysmal for the first months of the pandemic.

2. Test availability was abysmal in August/September when schools went back and workers also went back in higher numbers than previously.

3. Many people don't test even though they feel unwell because they don't want/can't afford to isolate.

(I'm not talking about asymptomatic and untested cases, but if we knew how many of these there were, cases would be off the freaking chart.)

A person does not need to be severely ill, nor hospitalised, to suffer lasting covid effects. These effects can be anywhere from catastrophic to extremely annoying to the point of causing severe depression. (For example, long-term loss of sense of taste/smell, which is awful to experience)

The original post of yours to which I objected was the one where you said only deaths mattered to you. I'm trying to get through to you that death is not the only covid concern. 

And you just keep coming back with yeah but yeah but yeah but ad nauseam.

Screenshot_20210126-204756.png

Screenshot_20210126-204837.png

It was suggested that the "cases" were proportionate to those who had long term impact.

I simply pointed out that "cases" was rubbish, and so you can't even begin to translate those long term effect figures to our population 

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

That the figures quoted before are nonsense.

Yes people suffer long term issues, but the people who do are accurately (osh) reported.

To make out that those figures are a percentage of "cases" and then imply that is how many people would suffer long term of here is just bull s**t.

3.8m cases is tosh in the UK.  At least 4 times that many and hardly any of them noticed 

100,000 dead and an unknown and X number (figure appreciated?) of recovered but still severely affected cases in UK have been noticed though.

So what's the driver behind all this misinformation and public panic stirring?