IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

Quayle and Ashford's latest comment on Dr. Glover without actually mentioning her name. Wonder what @rachomics reply might entail...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60224&headline=Covid analysis can't be done here&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

Health Minister David Ashford said feeding into the Liverpool centre provided ’consistency and oversight of process’ and it was ’important that we didn’t end up dependent on a single person’.

Oof!

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Good to see Ms Magson teaming-up with Henny in the Q&A. Some pertinent questions being asked by locals. 

Is it obligatory, or rather the norm perhaps, in these lockdown video conferences to have members of the family occasionally skulking about in the background etc?

I blame the Professor Robert Kelly incident.  

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

On Raconomics.

I think both sides are now too entrenched for there to be any change?

There must be some background that we do not know?

I believe that the size of the 'sample' is large enough to be split, some for here, some to Liverpool?

We would gain early access for tracking, the UK for its' base numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I'm trying to process it.

We had 50 'cases' not so long ago. I might be wrong but was it two that were admitted to Nobles but are now out & recovered?

One of them (possibly both) was in for a procedure & tested positive through a routine test.

You'll do well to convince me that we shouldn't be shielding the vulnerable until they are vaccinated whilst the rest of us crack on.

I know it's nauseous, me I mean, churning out the same old drivel to counter balance the same old drivel by the same old protagonists.

The whole thing - Economic armageddon, educational failings, unemployment, families separated, healthcare suspended ... everything, it just doesn't sit right. Just me, I know.

It's not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Cost of pandemic now £200m here and that’s paying minimum amounts to those not working, unemployment rising again as well.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60209&headline=Bill for Covid pandemic is expected to reach £200m&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

Net out the Govt costs for 2 x TT’s - breaking even isn’t bad - no curtains were twitched in this post

If we were on a par with the UK population...this week, we'd have just reached 133 dead with 4900 covid positives.

Worth it just to put a few people on horse trams and a couple of steam trains? ...don't think so.

ETA: Though with a totally overwhelmed ICU here, deaths might, more realistically, have been closer to 150...with medical staff having to have made very difficult choices as to who to save.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, quilp said:

Quayle and Ashford's latest comment on Dr. Glover without actually mentioning her name. Wonder what @rachomics reply might entail...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60224&headline=Covid analysis can't be done here&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

I heard it via Tynwald Live last week. It's almost like they haven't realised that Taxa Genomics employs more people than just me, just like Livepool do. I have to wonder whether HQ and DA believe that the eminent prof's are doing the work themselves :rolleyes:

But then, if that's the only reason they can come up with they're at least conceding that I might know a thing or two (or Liverpool have said the infamous words "Why don't you just use Rachel?").

Although it does make me wonder why we only have a single Chief Minister and a single Health Minister. Surely we should be doubling up, just in case, so we aren't reliant on one person? Deputies, with deputies with deputies? How many deputies would we need to ensure consistent service within the DHSC?

Edited by rachomics
typo/spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Deputies, with deputies with deputies? How many deputies would we need to ensure consistent service within the DHSC?

I think we've already got that throughout Govt., haven't we....? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If we were on a par with the UK population...this week, we'd have just reached 133 dead with 4900 covid positives.

Worth it just to put a few people on horse trams and a couple of steam trains? ...don't think so.

ETA: Though with a totally overwhelmed ICU here, deaths might, more realistically, have been closer to 150...with medical staff having to have made very difficult choices as to who to save.

What figures are you using that make you think ICU would be "totally overwhelmed"

If we had been in exactly the same position as UK last week we would have had six in ICU