IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Prove they aren't 

Nobody has agreed with you.

AcousticallyChallenged tried to show I was wrong and then wrighty pointed out he was wrong and he then agreed with me.

Your figures make no sense at all.  Its a very simple sum.

If anyone wants to back albert up here chuck this post a like.

If you think he is wrong chuck it a confused face 

Well, technically, all I showed is that we have enough ICU beds for patients with COVID on ventilators today if we were in the UK's circumstances, and just. Not anyone with COVID needing ICU beds.

We'd also have no space for contingency if anyone else got severely ill.

If you want to find me the figures for ICU beds with COVID, then I'm happy to add that too.

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

No.

Firstly because we would never get to that point anyway.

Secondly because we would all be at home and limited to 40mph if we were out.

Thirdly because we can increase icu capacity like we did in the spring 

The 'new ICU capacity' you find from that relies on you also finding the kit to support that.

In the UK, their 'ICU capacity' includes converted wards, staffing dropping from 1-to-1 patient care to 1 ICU nurse to up to 5 patients, and the reliance on equipment including that made for short-term ventilation during surgery. Never mind having to bring non ICU trained staff on board as support who are doing their best despite the circumstances.

Do we want our hospital and health service to have the same experience as their colleagues across?

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, technically, all I showed is that we have enough ICU beds for patients with COVID on ventilators today if we were in the UK's circumstances, and just. Not anyone with COVID needing ICU beds.

We'd also have no space for contingency if anyone else got severely ill.

If you want to find me the figures for ICU beds with COVID, then I'm happy to add that too.

Show me where you get your on ventilators figure from,  because its the same as the "in ICU with covid" figure I found 

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

No.

Firstly because we would never get to that point anyway.

Secondly because we would all be at home and limited to 40mph if we were out.

Thirdly because we can increase icu capacity like we did in the spring 

Nah, your point is, with all due respect, bollocks.

It's like setting your house on fire but saying there is no need to worry because the roof will only cave in after you've finished watching Eastenders. 

Your own sums show that the hospital would be at critical capacity. Just because there are beds available doesn't mean it's a clever idea to fill them. 

The reason I'm not going to give you the figures you keep crying about is that it's a waste of time. 

We might not die if we run a tram down snaefell with no brakes. Doesn't mean I'm about to do the maths to prove that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Show me where you get your on ventilators figure from,  because its the same as the "in ICU with covid" figure I found 

'Patients on mechanical ventilation' https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

Note that only the Scottish figure may include a small number of patients not on mechanical ventilation. And they won't put the people who aren't that bad in any of them either.

England

England figures are the numbers of patients in beds which are capable of delivering mechanical ventilation and includes Nightingale hospitals. Data are reported daily by trusts to NHS England and NHS Improvement. Daily data at NHS Trust level is reported weekly on Thursdays, in line with NHS England reporting.

Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland include suspected COVID-19 patients in their COVID-19 patient count for dates prior to 13 April 2020. Their figures are the numbers of patients in beds which are capable of delivering mechanical ventilation.

Scotland

Scotland include suspected COVID-19 patients in their COVID-19 patient count. Their figures include people in intensive care units and may include a small number of patients who are not on mechanical ventilation. On 11 September 2020 the data were updated to exclude people (in larger NHS Boards) who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 but remain in intensive care units for another reason.

Wales

Wales include suspected COVID-19 patients in their COVID-19 patient count. Their figures include invasive ventilated beds in a critical care setting, plus those outside of a critical care environment. Beds in the Dragon's Heart/Ysbyty Calon y Ddraig field hospital are also included.

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

Nah, your point is, with all due respect, bollocks.

It's like setting your house on fire but saying there is no need to worry because the roof will only cave in after you've finished watching Eastenders. 

Your own sums show that the hospital would be at critical capacity. Just because there are beds available doesn't mean it's a clever idea to fill them. 

The reason I'm not going to give you the figures you keep crying about is that it's a waste of time. 

We might not die if we run a tram down snaefell with no brakes. Doesn't mean I'm about to do the maths to prove that.

You so massively miss the point I worry for your ability to wipe your own arse.

"If" we got to that point, which we won't, then we wojld increase the capacity at Nobles like we did before.

Go on. Show me the figures that are waste of time.  You can't because they don't exist and you aren't very good at maths any way

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The UK Govt stated today that there were 5446 "critical" Covid bed cases with just under 4000 on ventilators but I can't recall that exact number, it was certainly over 3800. Source was the Govt release covered by Sky News this afternoon, I've posted it on the International forum.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The UK Govt stated today that there were 5446 "critical" Covid bed cases with just under 4000 on ventilators but I can't recall that exact number, it was certainly over 3800. Source was the Govt release covered by Sky News this afternoon, I've posted it on the International forum.

Fair enough.  Still wouldn't overwhelm us considering we would never get close to that.

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Nobody thought the UK would reach 100,000 deaths, but here we are.

More than the population of the Isle of Man, Covid deaths.

Just now, Barlow said:

More than the population of the Isle of Man, Covid deaths.

And as Prof Whitty stated yesterday, even if the lockdown and vaccine gets on top of it, the rising number isn't going to just fall off a cliff.

The number of deaths is driven by the infection rate which is at a peak presently. The reduction in the daily number of deaths will be slow and gradual if the strategy is successful. 

Where that leaves the growing total is anybody's guess. Maybe 130,000 - 150,000?

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And as Prof Whitty stated yesterday, even if the lockdown and vaccine gets on top of it, the rising number isn't going to just fall off a cliff.

The number of deaths is driven by the infection rate which is at a peak presently. The reduction in the daily number of deaths will be slow and gradual if the strategy is successful. 

Where that leaves the growing total is anybody's guess. Maybe 130,000 - 150,000?

At a peak?

Cases in the UK today are less than half what they were two weeks ago?

41 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Blah blah

If you think I'm talking balls...try this.

Here's a very simple thought experiment to show why we would be overwhelmed on the island had we the equivalent number of deaths we would have had since late Nov had we had been on par with the UK figures).

You will need to imagine:

1. 67 balls numbered 1-67

2. A test tube that can hold a maximum of 18 numbered balls (ICU capacity equivalent).

The rule is, everytime you add a numbered ball to the test tube, it has to stay in the test tube for 21 days before you can remove it from the test tube and discard it?

Once a day you add the next numbered ball and remove any ball that has been in the test tube for 21 days. 

How many numbered balls would be in the test tube by day 30? And how many balls can't fit?

How many numbered balls would be in the test tube by day 67? And how many balls can't fit?

How many balls would be in the test tube by day 30 and day 67? ...if we not only added a numbered ball each day, but 3 additional balls representing people that needed to be hospitalised - and recovered. And how many balls can't fit?

Edited by Albert Tatlock

24 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You so massively miss the point I worry for your ability to wipe your own arse.

"If" we got to that point, which we won't, then we wojld increase the capacity at Nobles like we did before.

Go on. Show me the figures that are waste of time.  You can't because they don't exist and you aren't very good at maths any way

I'll do them just as soon as I've calculated the velocity needed to bunny hop a tram across traffic on the mountain road.

So far my working suggest 88mph may be optimal but I'm worried about the performance of the flux capacitator.