IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This argument is so absurd I don't even know what its about. 

Something to do with Lego and Albert's home planet. TBF many of us have wondered about the latter for some time.

Someone mentioned anal swabs a few posts back too. I'm not sure why I mentioned that though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

"If" we got to that point, which we won't, then we wojld increase the capacity at Nobles like we did before.

Where are we magically going to make the extra doctors and nurses appear from to work all the wonderful extra capacity? Or do you think we can just crack the whip and make the current staff work even harder?

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

At a peak?

Cases in the UK today are less than half what they were two weeks ago?

Not according to the presentation yesterday. Prof. Whitty described the position as precarious.

18 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

At a peak?

Cases in the UK today are less than half what they were two weeks ago?

A number of sources have been reporting a government poll suggesting only 17% of people coming forth to get a test when they have symptoms.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/21/ministers-ponder-paying-500-to-all-with-covid-in-england

NEW cases are falling (although they're up today at 28k from yesterday's 25k), but that's not the total number of infected. Cases don't just disappear because they were yesterday's number. Some will now end up in hospital, some will die, there's an obvious time lag between infection and possible death.

1 in 8 UK hospitals now have no spare ITU capacity.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

NEW cases are falling (although they're up today at 28k from yesterday's 25k), but that's not the total number of infected. Cases don't just disappear because they were yesterday's number. Some will now end up in hospital, some will die, there's an obvious time lag between infection and possible death.

1 in 8 UK hospitals now have no spare ITU capacity.

That’s means the vast majority do have ITU capacity! The daily cases are half what they were a few weeks ago so hopefully deaths will fall in next few weeks.

There does seem delight in lots of quarters including on MF when cases & deaths are high in UK  for some reason 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

No idea what you are on about.

Its black and white and very simple to prove 

20210128_220645.jpg

As I stated. They're NEW daily cases. But the previous daily cases haven't just magically gone away. Some of them are very sick people who will end up in hospital with some of them losing the fight. The total case numbers have now plateaued at their highest peak which is why Prof Whitty described the situation as precarious. If the virus takes off again it's starting from an already very high point which is what the concern is.

A sobering thought. The average rolling daily death count is presently around 1300. That's a little less than 60 an hour or one a minute.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

As I stated. They're NEW daily cases. But the previous daily cases haven't just magically gone away. Some of them are very sick people who will end up in hospital with some of them losing the fight. The total case numbers have now plateaued at their highest peak which is why Prof Whitty described the situation as precarious. If the virus takes off again it's starting from an already very high point which is what the concern is.

That is not even close to what you said you Walter Screenshot_20210128-222001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ffd2136b9e9ce28ca3a881d9204f022.jpg

In an attempt to help out in this absurd argument that I still don't really understand I went looking at some stats. Did you know that an astonishing 27000 people have died from it in January alone? 

Anyway, cases are falling, and hospital admissions, and the total number in hospital (still 30846 from a high of 34336 on the 18th, but a lot of people have died since then), but not quick enough.

I still don't know what the point is though. They're a very long way from getting it sorted.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

That’s means the vast majority do have ITU capacity! The daily cases are half what they were a few weeks ago so hopefully deaths will fall in next few weeks.

There does seem delight in lots of quarters including on MF when cases & deaths are high in UK  for some reason 

You're confusing delight with concern for what people not too far away are going through.

It's easy to be blasé when it hasn't been here and you've had it so good for so long.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

In an attempt to help out in this absurd argument that I still don't really understand I went looking at some stats. Did you know that an astonishing 27000 people have died from it in January alone? 

Anyway, cases are falling, and hospital admissions, and the total number in hospital (still 30846 from a high of 34336 on the 18th, but a lot of people have died since then), but not quick enough.

I still don't know what the point is though. They're a very long way from getting it sorted.

Is 27,000 a massive figure when younfactor in the normal death rate from respiratory diseases?  Its higher than normal, but not by a huge amount 

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Is 27,000 a massive figure when younfactor in the normal death rate from respiratory diseases?  Its higher than normal, but not by a huge amount 

Oh right, how many people normally die from respiratory diseases in 27 days in January?