IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

In an attempt to help out in this absurd argument that I still don't really understand I went looking at some stats. Did you know that an astonishing 27000 people have died from it in January alone? 

Anyway, cases are falling, and hospital admissions, and the total number in hospital (still 30846 from a high of 34336 on the 18th, but a lot of people have died since then), but not quick enough.

I still don't know what the point is though. They're a very long way from getting it sorted.

All while in a national lockdown. IF they started to ease that now the cases will be straight back up. 

In a few months they may be in a position to see if the vaccination levels are enough to prevent a third wave.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You tell me.  You are the one who made out it was a huge number 

So between week 40 2019 and week 3 2020, so October on for last winter...

A total of 1,462 new admissions (111 influenza A(H1N1pdm09), 340 influenza A(H3N2), 954 influenza A(not subtyped) and 57 influenza B) and 70 confirmed deaths have been reported in the UK since week 40 2019.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/860304/Weekly_national_influenza_report_week_4_2020.pdf

I could probably delve deeper, find other reports, but I'd suggest your 'not by a huge amount' is likely wrong. By a huge amount.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

So between week 40 2019 and week 3 2020, so October on for last winter...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/860304/Weekly_national_influenza_report_week_4_2020.pdf

I could probably delve deeper, find other reports, but I'd suggest your 'not by a huge amount' is likely wrong. By a huge amount.

Does respiratory disease = influenza? 

12 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

In a few months they may be in a position to see if the vaccination levels are enough to prevent a third wave.

And in the meantime they're going to reopen the schools.

It is impossible to try and calculate when a hospital is deemed to be overwhelmed. There are so many factors. It isn't just about beds, or spaces, or staff.

Edited by Apple
  • Like 2